Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,883 Posts
^crash lol
:popcorn: :biggrin:
this ought to be good.

really though, nice score, now prove us all wrong by being a mature owner and taking care of it. Play nice on public roads, save it for events.

oh and moar pics please...

· Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,883 Posts
I was going to get a turbo anyways... I didn't know what 20 g meant when I first started looking at the car and by the time I found out I wasn't going to back down.
ooh this is going to be soo good.. talk about starting @ the deep end.
just going to get my feet wet, until I drown :biggrin:

· Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,883 Posts
So, you smoke any ricer Civics yet?
Oy!, Demspey just brought a bazooka to a fist fight.
don't encourage him to use it.. he hasn't figured out all the buttons yet. :biggrin:

keep that thing pointed in the right direction and rubberside down, worry about 'smoking' things some other time.

· Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,883 Posts
Thanks! I'm trippin out about the scratches though :huh:
what do these scratches look like? is it one or two little (white looking?) ones or deeper (sliver metal) ones? or is it just a dull covering; like swirls marks?

first the bad news;
-black cars will drive you crazy to keep detail/clean.

the good news?
-black cars look the best once they are finished..

example

if you think you want to get into detailing here are a couple of sites;
Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online
Autopia - Autopia Home
Detailing Bliss

just be warned, like Foresters, Photography and most other hobbies;
it's expensive, time consuming, and most people don't understand it. :biggrin:

· Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,883 Posts
2008 Subaru Forester - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online
:biggrin:

You are limited a bit to how much paint fixing/polishing you can do by hand, my advice is to find someone with a Random Orbital Buffer (DO NOT USE A ROTARY BUFFER!!) who is into detailing, just watch around town for cars that are always shined, lol, or watch for people sweating over their cars for hours in the driveway saturdays..:biggrin:

check out those forums if you are interested, we were all noobs once upon a time :biggrin:

· Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,883 Posts
Lastly, I made a very stupid decision back when I lived in California that I'm fully regretting now... Still researching how to correctly fix it, but I bet you guys (and gals) might be able to take a look at my car and guess what I'm going to remove :lol:
You need to turn the Dempsey back up to 11? :biggrin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts