Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My shifting is getting a little crunchy/sticky. I think it's time for a fluid change. I used 100% smurfblood last time (redline lightweight shockproof) and was thinking of giving the redline/motul concoction a try. What would the best ratio be considering I live in the northeast? Also I know I need a t70 socket, what happened to the wandering t-70 that was on this board? Last but not least, can I dispose of the used smurflblood along with regular motor oil, or does it need to be separately recycled?

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
800 Posts
i use a 50/50 mix.. not sure how its gonna hold up in the winter.. but i plan on changing it with the same mix in a month

·
Ol' Timer
2006 WRX Spec-C 6MT
6,091 Posts
*50/50 seems to be the recommended mix.
*You can usually get away with a T60 which is readily available.
*Disposal is the same with all automotive fluids. At least it is here.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
I use a 50/50 mix, and I put the old fluid in with my motor oil. The recyling places said it is ok to do that.

I believe a still have an extra T70 laying around.

·
Registered
SG9 Forester XT Stick Shift
1,670 Posts
I bought my T70 from Autozone and its only like $5.99
Shipping back and forth would cost that much.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru Forester XT 5 speed manual.
744 Posts
Seriously, here in Canada, I went to the automotive department of Canadian Tire and purchased my T70 for like $7.

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They used to be hard to find, i guess not anymore. They were so hard to find, members of this board had one that wind it's way across the US getting pictures taken all over.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,409 Posts
I do a 75% shockproof, 25% motul mix these days. It seems to hold up really well, even when it's a bit cold.

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,594 Posts
Oh man. I got worried. I thought for a moment you killed all those small blue guys running around just to drain their blood.
Luckily I was wrong :biggrin:
Ye I'm tired. Luckily my work day is soon over.

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,325 Posts
I did 50/50 mix also smurfblood but was not happy with it. I now run 100% Subaru EXTRA S & by far its way better. SHifts evan smoother in the COLD than the 50/50 mix did.

joe r

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,325 Posts
Nope the EXTRA S is Subaru's upper end stuff.If you do a search on it over on nasioc or iwsti the STi guys love it.I for one will never run another kind/brand of gear oil in my Subaru unless its an auto.

joe r

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,522 Posts
I've got 50/50 smurfblood mix, love it, haven't had any shifting issues in the cold. this spring i'm gonna swap to 75/25 and see how the foz likes it. Motul in the back.

·
Registered
04 Forester 5MT
345 Posts
can you get extra s in something smaller than a 50lbs bucket?

edit. can anyone tell me what the actual name brand is of smurf blood? ahha

1 - 20 of 24 Posts