Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT 4EAT
10 Posts
hey man... long shot since this thread is two years old but I had a question about your sti exhaust on the 4EAT. Does it sound alright? I wanna get an aftermarket exhaust for my XT but I'm afraid of drone or ****ty shifting sounds. So just wanted to get your opinion

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
BTW, I saw in your other post that the car had issues when you got it. Sorry to hear that. I took really good care of it and it was running perfectly when I sold it, so I assume someone abused it in the interim. :(

·
Registered
2007 FXT
5 Posts
@Smooth Had a little bit of issue with the turbo, other than that so far so good! Thank you for taking care of the car :) I am enjoying it as I have been treating the car with lots of jdm parts. Just need a few exterior mods and new wheels + brembos and it will be almost a forester sti clone :ROFLMAO: Although I am a little sad that the car came with so many dings and dents but oh well.

also.. do you know if these wheels would clear the brembo calipers? that way I can do the calipers before getting the work emotion cr kai :D

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
@rei07 I dreamed of adding more JDM pieces to the car (especially the side skirts). :) The turbo I installed did have a decent number of miles on it plus the classic VF39 wastegate crack so it was probably not going to last forever, unfortunately. I believe that the Rota Torques that I had on the car do clear Brembos, but IIRC it would be very close and might require a small spacer.

·
Registered
2007 FXT
5 Posts
@Smooth Oh boy.. perhaps it is time for a new turbo after all, the car just hit 123k and I wonder how much would it run me to get the turbo rebuilt/replaced. Although I am currently waiting on JDM headlights, they are stuck in customs right now. :confused: Will post pictures after they arrived and on the car (hopefully soon).

61 - 67 of 67 Posts