Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
123 Posts
Okay, Smooth. Stop posting those beautiful pics of your car with Oregon in the background!!! I am a recovering Oregon-holic and am just getting over the urge to go north when I retire. You are not helping me any! (Dang...where is that phone # for my support group?)

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Okay, Smooth. Stop posting those beautiful pics of your car with Oregon in the background!!! I am a recovering Oregon-holic and am just getting over the urge to go north when I retire. You are not helping me any! (Dang...where is that phone # for my support group?)
Oregon FTW! I love it here, and my Forester is definitely at home. :smile:
I want your WRX rims. :biggrin:

*counts moneys*

Sell plz!
:biggrin: I was actually trying to decide whether to mount snow tires on them or sell them and get a totally different setup.

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I grabbed some snow tires off Craigslist yesterday from a former Outback owner. They're Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50's in 225/55/17; the manufacture date is 06/06 but the owner says he only used them last year and they certainly still look good. I paid $240 for them which I think is pretty reasonable overall. I wanted to make sure to get a dedicated winter setup this year since my Ziex 912 AS tires didn't do very well when we got a ton of snow and ice last year. Plus, my wife and I are planning to go to Leavenworth, WA with some friends in January so I'm sure we'll hit some adverse conditions on the way over there.

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Nice pickup! Now get them mounted up! You will definitely need them for Leavenworth. They always have snow in the winter.
Yep, I think I am just gonna get them mounted on the Rotas this week. The 225 width is likely to rub the rear struts on my ET55 hawkeye WRX rims without a spacer - in fact, I realized I occasionally rub very slightly even with my stock width tires & Swifts. I think I'm going to try to trade those at some point; I still like the look but I'd really just rather have something closer to ET48.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
Couple pics of the Beatrush pulley cover. This is made for an Impreza and I had some minor fitment issues. Not a big deal, I just had to use a longer bolt and some washers on the left hand mounting point because there is a hose in the way. The badge is a custom one-off made by GarageXTi that I've had laying around forever.
[/QUOTE]

How'd you get the alternator housing so shiny?

Some of my components are suffering the effects of oxidization(?) and salt damage. I was thinking getting a Mother's Power Ball and some aluminum polish to bring some life back to them.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
How'd you get the alternator housing so shiny?

Some of my components are suffering the effects of oxidization(?) and salt damage. I was thinking getting a Mother's Power Ball and some aluminum polish to bring some life back to them.

Any suggestions?
I just used some simple green and a microfiber cloth. I didn't really do anything special to it; we don't use salt here and I only have 30K on the car so it didn't look bad to start with.

I actually have a Power Ball but I've only used it on my wheels, never thought to use it under the hood.

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Yep, I use the small Powerball on my wheels with Mother's metal polish. It worked well on my OEM wheels and it works well on my WRX wheels. I have a feeling it would not be quite as easy on my winter Rotas due to the mesh design, but I haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Hey, thanks! I haven't updated the journal in a while. The car is actually getting new rotors and new pads today. The OE rotors were starting to pulse and they have almost 50K total on them now; I have read good things about the Centric premium rotors so I just decided to swap them out.
Now that I have my daughter in the car most of the time and don't drive too aggressively, I went with Centri Posi-Quiet brake pads - they're a fairly OEM-like pad that is affordable and seem to be fairly well regarded. Next up is some new tires for the summer.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts