Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now everytime the car heats up and I brake up to a stop or just finished driving and stand idle smoke comes up from the turbo area. This smells.
I haven't looked really well but the top area underneath the heatshield don't look very clean. infact it look like it's covered with burned oil.

Also this could be my imagination but I think my does have some excessive smoke from the exhaust while holding the gas pedal. Not needing to give much gas. I'm a bit colorblind but the smoke from the exhaust when I drive seems to be blue'ish.

I can't imagine anything of this is good news. :icon_sad:

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,881 Posts
Check out your Right hand driveshaft inner CV joint boot and shaft/gearbox oilseal.

Either of these leaking produces smoke from the exhaust up through the scoop when stationary.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out your Right hand driveshaft inner CV joint boot and shaft/gearbox oilseal.

Either of these leaking produces smoke from the exhaust up through the scoop when stationary.
Thx m8. Where would the gearbox oilseal be? around the gearbox....

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You don't think the turbo could be shot?

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,881 Posts
Thx m8. Where would the gearbox oilseal be? around the gearbox....
The seal is where the front right hand drive shaft enters the gearbox. If it leaks the oil sprays on the exhaust, as would a split inner boot.

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,881 Posts
You don't think the turbo could be shot?
If you are not sure about the smoke coming out of the exhaust, it may be coming off of the exhaust.

Check the easy things first, gearbox/driveshaft seals/boots, then external leaks on turbo oil feed and drain lines.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are not sure about the smoke coming out of the exhaust, it may be coming off of the exhaust.

Check the easy things first, gearbox/driveshaft seals/boots, then external leaks on turbo oil feed and drain lines.
Ye I agree. But I been under the car a few times before. never seen anything under the car suggesting something leaks.

Hmm. Worth mentioning that I have had this problem for a long time actually. But as I used for oil additive for leaking oil gaskets on the engine (that seemed to be wrong btw) Apperantly the vent hose on the valve cover was loose so oil was coming up from there over the valve cover.
(this is the stuff I used http://www.sella.co.nz/motoring/car-parts-accessories/other-accessories/60sv4z/ )

Now that the vent hose is secured again. I noticed this problem surfacing again worse then before. Is there any pressure in the system....

And I know the system vents oil into the IC as the pipes/hoses was not tightened up I had leak from them before. Not anymore tho so I guess now all the oil goes right into the IC instead of on the transmission :shrug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts