Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have heard conflicting information about the 19's. From what I gather, if you have the base model or premium, 16 inches is the smallest you can go. Any model above those (Touring, Sport, etc.), 17 inches in the smallest you can go. I believe it's because of the larger brake caliper/rotors being used on the 19's.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2 Posts
I have heard conflicting information about the 19's. From what I gather, if you have the base model or premium, 16 inches is the smallest you can go. Any model above those (Touring, Sport, etc.), 17 inches in the smallest you can go. I believe it's because of the larger brake caliper/rotors being used on the 19's.
Is this the case even with low offset wheels? Such as the 15" Black Rhino wheels with +15mm offset.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is this the case even with low offset wheels? Such as the 15" Black Rhino wheels with +15mm offset.
According to Subtle Solutions and Black Rhino, they make no guarantee that the 15 inchers will fit on a 19+ forester. Neither have had the opportunity to test on the new models.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2 Posts
I confirmed with Black Rhino that the 16x8 +15mm Boxer wheel won't work on the 19+ forester. So looks like 17s it will be.

So now the question is, has anybody tested 235/65R17 on stock suspension yet?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys new to the forum and new to Subaru but really loving my 19 Forester limited so far. Was looking at a winter setup using 2015 WRX wheels that are 17X8 with 55mm offset 225/55/17 vs the stock 18X7 48 mm setup on 225/55/18. Has anyone tried 1 inch wider wheels?

·
Registered
279 Posts
So this is confirmed?
why must they make it so difficult! hahah i purchased 16 inch 5 x 100 impreza rs wheels wrapped with geolanders g015 for my 08 fxt. those were eventually gona be placed on the 2019. Then i find out that they changed the bolt pattern to 5 x 114.
my hope was that i would buy 16 inch rims with 5 x 114 and fit them... but looks like that wont work either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Following. Picked up a 2019 base in November and wondering if 16” will fit this vehicle as it does with past models. Hubs are 114 and the stock caliper part numbers are different than the 2018 model. Probably won’t buy wheels until the current set of tires wears out though, so I have time to wait for others to experiment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I confirmed with Black Rhino that the 16x8 +15mm Boxer wheel won't work on the 19+ forester. So looks like 17s it will be.

So now the question is, has anybody tested 235/65R17 on stock suspension yet?
I have this set up and have no issues whatsoever with stock suspension as well as with 1.5" lift now.
Unfortunately it limits you choice of tires so best I found are geolander.
But I still would love to find out if 16 rims could fit , I'd go then with KO2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts