Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 S
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 98 Forester S and I have always thought that it is much more responsive when cold and then becomes sluggish when warm the opposite of what I would expect a properly tuned machine to perform as. Last fall I replaced the plugs and fluids and it did get a bit better but I still notice the same trend. After its warm, the response from steppin on pedal seems to diminish. Recently I recieved the P0304 code for a misfire. Any suggestions as to how I can get more bang outta this? I see O2, knock sensors, coil pack, and injectors being reasonable suspects based on other threads. Can someone please verify this and help me establish a method of pin pointing the cause? Thanks in advance!

Jay

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,071 Posts
O2, knock sensor, plugs, wires, fuel filter(general tune up items) are a good place to start.

·
Registered
1998 S
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aftermarket parts recommendations?

OK should I start replacing the previously mentioned parts, are any of the aftermarket parts mfg better than the others or is OEM the only option? Also, I would be interested in any suggestions as to where to shop for these online. Thanks again!

·
Registered
03X MT
846 Posts
no mention of the mileage on the 98 but a cylinder compression test would cross one/4 culprit/s off the list.

·
Registered
1998 S
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
milage about 150k...

Rsay im at about 150K I assume all the sensor to be orig I bought the car at a 135K

1 - 5 of 5 Posts