Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester X
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Could I get help identifying a sIow oil leak. I have seen that these leaks are fairly common. It's very slow so I don't think it would affect engine health...mainly want to stop getting oil spots on my driveway/garage.

It looks like most of the oil is pooling around the driver's side CV boot. I checked the obvious--oil pan gasket and oil filter are dry.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring CVT
236 Posts
have you sprayed down the area with degresser and verified its coming from above, btw that s the steering rack not the CV joint.

it could be coming from the crank seal or the cam seal in the front or rear of the engine check the driver side head for oil leaks. check the transmission bell housing for oil drips, that would mean rear main seal or leaking inspection port cover ( the inspection port cover leaking issues were because of flawed factory design but i believe by 07 the EJ25 design was corrected by replacing the plastic cover for a metal one)

the cover is located on the short block adn can only be accessed by pulling the trans from the engine. most people just deal with it or put cardboard under the car.

if it is a seal in the front then when you have the timing belt changed have the came and crank seal replaced.

please get back to us. interested to know where it is coming from.

·
Registered
1999 A/T - 235,000 mi. WA state
752 Posts
...mainly want to stop getting oil spots on my driveway/garage.
I put an oil drip pan on the garage flloor where I park.
Minor cost at auto parts store.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts