Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking a trip on my bike there early June with my Uncle. Any tips or things to look out for while there? Any special places?

·
Registered
2009 Forester
35 Posts
Just be carefull of the bears, the two and four legged ones. Done the drive from Front Royal to I-64 (Skyline Drive) and I-64 to Cherokee (Blue Ridge Parkway) many times, just take your time and enjoy the overlooks.

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^Thanks for the tip! Are the bears, 2 legged, really strict, or do you think they allow the unofficial 10 mph cushion?

Also, how much longer is the Blue Ridge Parkway portion?

·
Registered
2005 FXT 5 spd
247 Posts
Are the bears, 2 legged, really strict, or do you think they allow the unofficial 10 mph cushion?
I used to drive that area a bit and rarely saw any form of law enforcement. That was a good 5-7 years ago though, so they may have upped the patrols since then. I would say 5 mph over would be fine but I think you are taking chances if you venture into the 8-10 range. There are usually quite a few folks putting along at or below the speed limit, so going fast just gets you sitting behind them for extended times. It's pretty enough that, if you are going for the scenery, you probably won't mind staying close to the speed limit....

Not sure about the difference in lengths..

·
Registered
2010 Forester
14 Posts
Watch your speed as the speed limits are LOW (like 35 or 40 MPH IIRC). And I like the BRP as well (we did the BRP 2 years ago). The southern end of that is SWEET!!

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts