Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
did you have to do anything fancy with the backend of it?

I need to make one of these for my car. My stocker is a piece, and I ruined my exhaust wrap yesterday. (Dominating that corn was well worth it though ):evilatyou:

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you have to do anything fancy with the backend of it?

I need to make one of these for my car. My stocker is a piece, and I ruined my exhaust wrap yesterday. (Dominating that corn was well worth it though ):evilatyou:
I have a print but I need to modify it becouse during the fabrication it wasn't quite right.
Will post it after I fix it.(this is for an SF)

·
Registered
398 Posts
How much would it cost to fabricate this skid plate?
those primitive skid plate is quiet expensive , would this be worth it to do.

I may be able to find some fabricator to cut it for me, if there is template available. I can Just give the fabricator the template right.

also any suggestion of where to get the material? what kind of material is best?
that any home building supply would have and what would be the best thickness ?

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
How much would it cost to fabricate this skid plate?
those primitive skid plate is quiet expensive , would this be worth it to do.

I may be able to find some fabricator to cut it for me, if there is template available. I can Just give the fabricator the template right.

also any suggestion of where to get the material? what kind of material is best?
that any home building supply would have and what would be the best thickness ?
If someone can get me general dimensions, I'll gladly make a fabrication drawing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Didn't cut a whole for oil changes? Will you just yank it every 3000 miles?

I ripped off my "mud catcher" this weekend in deep snow. I'm looking at replacing it, but I can only find steel and stainless for $250+ or so from most online sources. I could probably get another plastic one off the 99 they have at the junkyard or so, but I'm not sure that gives me much more protection than what I have now (nothing).

If someone has the ability to produce them from aluminum or steel for a reasonable price, PM me and I'll try to make it worth your efforts.

KW

·
Registered
398 Posts
Didn't cut a whole for oil changes? Will you just yank it every 3000 miles?

I ripped off my "mud catcher" this weekend in deep snow. I'm looking at replacing it, but I can only find steel and stainless for $250+ or so from most online sources. I could probably get another plastic one off the 99 they have at the junkyard or so, but I'm not sure that gives me much more protection than what I have now (nothing).

If someone has the ability to produce them from aluminum or steel for a reasonable price, PM me and I'll try to make it worth your efforts.

KW
Yea, I an kind of wondering about that too , do everyone running skid plate take their skid plate off every time due for an oil change?

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
My 3mm alu plate costed me under 40$ to make and I did not do any work either. :biggrin:
School-mechanic section-students=free work
Only paid for the alu. It's not all good looking but it works thou it builds around as much down as the original plastic so I got enough clearing from anything under there. Downside is it's not getting me any better clearence from the snow thou.
Edited:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
About this Discussion
47 Replies
26 Participants
StealthTL
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing