Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if there is a skid pan avaiable in the Melbourne are so that I can have some fun with my XT?

·
Registered
04 XT Auto
298 Posts
Several of the driver training companies will do some work on the skid-pan as part of a course.

I have never heard of anywhere that would only let you do that though, or for free or a small cost. :-(

Rob.

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
Definitely got a skid pan training in Sydney - GTrydaz have organised a day, I think its at Eastern Creek.

Not sure about Melbourne - but hey Id say with Melb weather and roads just about anywhere any day could be a skid pan!

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dicknose said:
Definitely got a skid pan training in Sydney - GTrydaz have organised a day, I think its at Eastern Creek.

Not sure about Melbourne - but hey Id say with Melb weather and roads just about anywhere any day could be a skid pan!
Yes we do get some rain in Melb and the roads are slipery but I would prefer to do it legally and safely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There's a Skid pan at Subaru Docklands, I saw Petter Solberg rip into it a few years ago in a poor little REX. I'm sure if we got enough guys together we could organise a session..

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
So are skid pans:

Wet/dry asphalt

Dirt

Sand

Crushed rock

Mud/wet dirt

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
Normally it would be wet tarmac.
Good places will have a dedicated watering system that puts an even (and metered) amount of water on the surface.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Krush said:
There's a Skid pan at Subaru Docklands, I saw Petter Solberg rip into it a few years ago in a poor little REX. I'm sure if we got enough guys together we could organise a session..

Thanks Krush and wellcome (Back?). I'm not sure that Docklands would let us use there skid pan due to insurance issues, but it would be worth looking into.

D

·
0 Posts
Dave,

come along to a WRX Club Motorkhana event... :)

I think the next one is in March, at Deca...

Got any front-on pics of your beast? looks awfully similar to mine!!

Cheers,

Andrew

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Drew, that sounds like a great idea. I have many photos of my XT however I am unable to ad atachments on this site and don't know how to use photobucket etc. Guess I will learn one day or will be able to post photos here again soon. Dave.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
Dave T said:
Thanks Drew, that sounds like a great idea. I have many photos of my XT however I am unable to ad atachments on this site and don't know how to use photobucket etc. Guess I will learn one day or will be able to post photos here again soon. Dave.

You can use Paint to resize you picture!

Image>>

Strech/Skew>>

probally values of 25 for horizontal and vertical depending on the image res. >>

Save in new area! otherwise the original file will be smaller!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts