Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

so i've been noticing that the american model of the SK forester has a SIGNIFICANTLY batter approach angle than the forester that us in the rest of the world get (the bottom of the front chin looks to be almost 2" higher on the american model than on the aus model)

anyone know if its possible to change the front of our cars to the american style? it would make a huge difference to how this car coped with the water run off humps on the australian fire trails.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're quite different. i chose a global one which has the silver bar on the chin, as it makes the difference stand out more

american on the left (black), global on the right (blue).

·
Administrator
14,368 Posts

USA 2020

From an Aussie review of the 2019: 2019 Subaru Forester Review | Practical Motoring
"approach angle (18.7 degrees), the breakover (19.6 degrees) ..., the departure angle of 24.6 degrees"

So there does seem to be a difference. I'm wondering if the bumpers shown on the US models is an option called a "Sports Bumper"?

Some larger tyres would increase the approach angle ;-)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited by Moderator)
i'm looking into that for long term. i wish they made their sports bullbar for this car, rather than their large bullbar.

currently i've got the SLO 2" lift, and plan on the pirelli scorpion plus, or K02 tyres. (or maybe the G015)
and am wanting to get the subaXtreme sumpguard, but they're yet to tell me pricing for postage to melbourne haha.
guess i dont need it at the moment.... its not like i can go anywhere for the next 6 weeks!

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
1,159 Posts
I think that the silver cover on that blue one is the accessory that has been offered on the SJ and SK - it's usually just a clip on piece of silver colored plastic.

But looking at the bumpers, yes, there is a difference in that lower portion of the bumper. I wonder if it has to do with some of Europe's requirements for pedestrian safety? I know that there are much different requirements for that in Europe vs the US/North American markets.

You guys also get headlamp washers that we - in North America - don't get - even optional. I'd almost rather see the same bumper used across all models - JDM, US/North America, Europe, wherever.

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
39 Posts
I live in New Zealand (Covid-19?Whats that?) and ordered Primitive Racing skid plates for my 2019 Forester and guess what - they didn't fit. The plates have a 15 degree upturn between the cross beam mounting points and the bumber. I put the plate through a brake press and reduced the upturn to 5 degrees and it now fits. The low approach angle has certainly detracted from the practicality of the new Forester. I am considering options like shipping in front bumber components from the USA to rectify Subaru's deliberate effort to stop Foresters being utilised as they should be. What's wrong with these people. Morons!

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT
39 Posts
Also Wiba4 I have the Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus. Really, Really good tyre. Cannot fault them. I was going to get the SLO lift but Subaru told me that warranty on transmission and drive line would be compromised so I will live without the lift for a year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts