Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2014-2018 - SJ Non-XT Thread

57K views 77 replies 41 participants last post by  SuperSirLink 
#1 ·
just wanted to see what other people with 2.5i/premium/limited/touring have done to their car other than the XT owners. possibly give some better ideas when looking for photos of specific things also, i.e. bull bars, roof racks, ride height, headlight mods, front lips, etc.

here's mine so far - only mods are the front underguard, and the chair back protector and cargo tray. plan on installing fog lights, and my roof basket next week.

2015 2.5 premium w/ 6MT in Dark Gray Metallic

Attachments

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)
There's quite a bit you can do with these things.

I've got a DGM 2014 2.6i 6MT and these are my current mods:

2014 Forester XT leather steering wheel

2015 STI "red top" leather shift knob

Rally Armor mud flaps

SSD strut tower bar

19mm STI rear sway bar

RS*R springs

17"x7.5" Sparco Terra wheels with stock 225/60-17" Yokohama GeoLander tires.

17"x7" stock steel wheels with 215/65-17" Bridgestone Blizzak WS-70 tires.

Recaro Performance Ride baby seat :)

I've also got an SSD light bar that I would have installed by now if I hadn't broken one of my Hella 500s.

#11 ·
Had mine a year and still haven't done a single mod to it. I'm planning on getting a 20mm anti-sway bar for the rear sometime fairly soon to mitigate some of the roll, and might get the strut tower brace for the front. Otherwise I'm happy with the way it's equipped -- it's a Touring trim so it has just about every option one can think of.

#15 ·
235/65/16 on a '15 2.5i Premium 6sp manual coming soon

I opted for the base model and slowly added all the options I wanted. The last modification I'll do will be a 2" lift. I'm just so clueless on where to begin. I just need to man up and do it. Anyways, here's a side shot of my ride.

View attachment 255466

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
What size wheels and tires are you running?
I am mounting a set of 235/65/16 Firestone Discoverer LE2's (that I already had) to new Sacchi S2 220 wheels (16x7 40mm offset) that should arrive tomorrow. ( SACCHI® S2 Wheels - Hyper Silver Rims )

I am attempting to do a couple of things with this. 1) Smooth out an overly jittery ride on broken/rough pavement. 2) Quiet a little tire noise 3) Increase off-road potential. I'll post pictures and results after it's done... probably mid next week.

#13 ·
I have a 2014 limited. My mods have mostly been about achieving some level of comfort and handling. The leather shift boot being the one nod to luxury (bit of a lark since the dog has made fillet of the car interior, but I still love the look of the leather boot)

--SSD strut bar
--19mm sti rsb
--Leather shift surround (WRX red stitching)
--Paddles and Canadian TCU to implement fake gears
--Conti Truecontact rubber

#19 ·
Not much yet.
I tried replacing all the lights with LEDs but I think that caused an issue with my radio lights always being on, even when the engine and light switch were off.
I just Plastidipped my grill since for whatever reason I just don't like a lot of chrome on my cars.
I have the skid plates from Primitive coming in next week and will probably install them next weekend.
Probably around the beginning of the month I'll change to the Geolander AT/S tires, and maybe the next month I'll do the Primitive lift kit. Not sure if I want the 1 or 1.5... probably the 1.5. I'll be going with stock sized tires to avoid the inaccuracy of my speedo. Eventually I'll get a set of smaller rims and use tires with a higher aspect ratio, but that will have to wait.
I'm still looking at a ways to mount a few lights to the front. I have a couple LED lights and a 20 inch bar I want to mount. I want a simple mounting solution that preferably just attaches behind the plastic bumper, not on the bottom of the car too.
I might put a longer light bar I have onto a cross bar, but this one is so floody that it would reflect pretty horribly off the hood. I just might get one that has very tight spots. If I do, I'll get an extra cross bar and make a QD socket so I can remove the bar for daily use. I drive like 40+ miles each way to work so the hit to my MPG would be noticeable.

#22 ·
Baby steps

I haven't touch my fozzie until 4 months ago.

Major steps -

Pedders springs - gave me a 1.5" drop ("not slammed")
Perrin 19MM RSB - *** Ordered this late August and its scheduled to arrive next week.

Wasn't happy with the "soft, Love Boat" handling.

Light Steps -

Upgraded Head Light bulbs (4). Don't remember the models/brands, let's just say I could do an X-ray at night with the Highbeams
Alpine Rear Speakers - Rears were "farting" quite awful at high volumes. These sound clear but need an amp for more juice, though the bass has disappeared completely.

Future Additions - (no particular order)

18"wheels and tires
Roof Rack (for large cargo)
Single Woofer Box and Alpine Front Components - love my music
**Matte finish paint (bottom on the list)

Wish list -
Passenger Ejector seat or a mute button
Anti pothole detection

**List subject to change according to what my wallet says and mood

#25 ·
Hope I'm done for a while!

Sassie, my 2015 Silver Forester, used for hunting in Fl, SC, and planning trips to National Forests, and hoping to make a trip to Alaska next spring. Last spring wife and I did 7000 mi in 21 days out west in her Prius. The number of Subies we saw brought back fond memories of my 2001 Forester. We left Yellowstone, 5/18 or 19 with several inches of snow on the ground. So week after we returned to Jacksonville, I had my new 2.5 Base.
Mods with 9500 on odometer:
Uhaul Hitch
Window tint
LeBra Front Cover
Primitively Plates(3)
19" RSB
SSD FSB
Geo AT/S, with full size spare, anyone interested in stock Geo with 8000mi ?
Warn Fogs and KC Off Roads on home made Light Bar
Side nets
Front seat washer lift
YESTERDAY...1" Subie Sol. Lift

Want to thank those on this sight who inspired the mods by their posts.

I do not intend to do "Jeep Off Roading" , but I do like to go off
pavement and explore our beautiful country.

Great site !

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.