Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5 XT AT
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well gents...and the few ladies out there, I finally got my Swifts installed today.

Purchased from Greg @ Mann Engineering during the super DEE duper 4th of July sale. $285 shipped!?!? Epic win for me!:woohoo:

Anyway...to the install. I only had my blackberry with me today so you can blame them for the shotty photos...I should have brought my DSLR in the shop...oh well.
One of the nice advantages to working in a car dealership is having full access to the shop after business hours... my roommate is a tech and he helped me out this evening.

Got all the wheels off...this could be a "before" picture.

So as we were removing the front set we noticed that the top bolt was a camber bolt... does anyone know if that is stock on the Forester?

Top mounts unscrewed.

So the front springs kept slipping when we were trying to get them to compress... and probably cost us about a half hour or trying to get them to stop...what a waste of time!

So pretty sure we thought I had ordered the wrong springs! The size difference is crazy! in a good way...

mmmm so pretty!

All in all, with doing the alignment at the end and brisk test drive it took about 2.5 hours ish to get the whole set installed front and back.

Pics to come of the new ride height, but I must say it is an AMAZING difference driving.

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Yes the bolt is "standard". Yes it also looks like the difference in height is large and perhaps those are for a different application. You should check with Mann-Eng.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
I don't know if you have one yet, but it seems many members with lowered Foz's are running skid plates. Ask around and see what the responses are.

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Any side shots?

joe r

·
Registered
2FXT Forester XT Limiteds 20104EAT 20044EAT
174 Posts
Nice going....Swifty

Good job on the swift installation. Got mine in the same sale and I have the rear GR2 KYBs. Next month the fronts and STI mounts and all new rubbers, gators and bolts for a total swap out... any body need an all assembled set of oem struts?

Did you do an alignment?

sweltering on Lake Ontario!

Rob

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5 XT AT
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the car was lowered about an inch and a half...which is what the swift website said would happen...Haven't rubbed or anything so I think it is just the way they design the spring so it doesn't compress as much as the stock spring.

Side pics coming soon...Have to work all weekend :(

And we did do an alignment...the toe was actually only off a few degrees but we put it up on the machine and knocked it out real quick like.

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
Sounds right then. I put them on my 04 and they were purrrfect. I just did them on my 2010 and they don't drop as much so yours looked like a big difference but sounds like they are ok if you got 1.5" drop.

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5 XT AT
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds right then. I put them on my 04 and they were purrrfect. I just did them on my 2010 and they don't drop as much so yours looked like a big difference but sounds like they are ok if you got 1.5" drop.
Yeah I am not too worried about it... It looks so flush...with my 18'' wheels I couldn't ask for a better fit... I am gonna try to go shoot some photos tonight after work

1 - 12 of 12 Posts