Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to go looking once the site came back on-line.
Looks like in the member lists (?) when you PM or look at a User Profile it shows that you visited there(Cyber Stalkers Alert:icon_razz:) and can leave a Visitors Message, not sure if that will be the same as a PM or just a message that you were there. I think I will investigate further.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like PM's can still be done in the Contact Info of the User Profile.

I sent a member online a couple of Visitor Messages, but I don't think they will alert like a PM. Although I have been wrong before.:shrug: We'll see.

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,497 Posts
Visitor messages and PMs both show up when you pull down Your Notifications at the upper right. Though I can't understand why anybody would bother with Visitor Messages, or for that matter spend much time at the member list where you apparently have the opportunity to send them.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And just to make everything clear, we did not know about any site maintenance and upgrades. I'm just inquisitive by nature :icon_biggrin: I just had to go poking around.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Further investigation shows that Visitors to your Profile can leave a Visitor's Message, but you will not receive a notification like you do when you receive a Private Message. When you do receive a PM the pull down menu will also show a notification of Visitor Messages as well, that you can then read.

I personally don't see the need for leaving a visitors message that might not be seen (ever) unless you are updating your User Profile or receive a PM.

So the moral of this story will be if you want to make sure a member gets your message Private Message them.

Cheers
Doug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts