Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pics of new custom grill and STi scoop

Well, I thought I would post up some pics w/ the new scoop and custom made grill. I still have a bunch of parts to go on like springs, brakes, etc...I also need to get the scoop paint matched to the rest of the car so it is just temporary paint for now.

·
Registered
FXT and Wifes Leggy
481 Posts
Lookin' good man! What color did you paint the chrome grill surround again? Flat black?

·
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VSB XT said:
Lookin' good man! What color did you paint the chrome grill surround again? Flat black?
Thanks! Yeah, that is a temporary flat black spray can paint covering...my buddy who painted my scoop is going to paint it JBP to match the car whenever I find time...may get him to paint some other parts to match:wink:

·
Registered
FXT and Wifes Leggy
481 Posts
sirwilliam said:
Thanks! Yeah, that is a temporary flat black spray can paint covering...my buddy who painted my scoop is going to paint it JBP to match the car whenever I find time...may get him to paint some other parts to match:wink:
Good idea! Mirrors, the side thingy's, and the rear strip in the back would be great painted to match!

·
Registered
FXT and Wifes Leggy
481 Posts
sirwilliam said:
Also, the silver part on the roor rack rails:wink:
Oh yeah, I forgot about those... I was actually going to remove them completely at one time and replace them w/ heavy duty weatherstripping, fill the holes w/ silicone etc. Come to find out, it's so notchy under those rails that it would be impossible w/out just completely shaveing the roof for smoothness. Paint is the only cost effective option. Can't wait to see it man!

·
Registered
2008 FSXT
219 Posts
sirwilliam said:
Thanks. Yes, they are gunmetallic 17" x 7.5" Rota Tarmac2's to be exact.
how's the quality? well for the foresters? i know that they are made in the philippines but one store here in orlando said that they won't carry it anymore because they've had bad experiences with the wheels i think an sti owner bought it from them and used on the track only twice i think and started going bad :-|

·
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
agentorange said:
how's the quality? well for the foresters? i know that they are made in the philippines but one store here in orlando said that they won't carry it anymore because they've had bad experiences with the wheels i think an sti owner bought it from them and used on the track only twice i think and started going bad :-|
Are you kinding? Rota's are the end all be all best bang for the buck wheels for subaru's (don't get me wrong, there are better wheels out there but they will cost you). Everyone I know orders mostly from www.subydude.com (myself included) but also know a couple ordered from www.oakos.com

My wheels are awesome. 5 x 100, +48 offset, 18lbs each, fit brembos (which I will have eventually), and are strong wheels.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT
219 Posts
hmm maybe he was just trying to sell me some overpriced wheel tire package from gram lights... well i'll be looking around for the rota's or ill just come home to the philippines maybe it'll be cheaper if i get it straight there lol!

·
Harbor Fright
2005 XT
363 Posts
sirwilliam said:
Well, I thought I would post up some pics w/ the new scoop and custom made grill. I still have a bunch of parts to go on like springs, brakes, etc...I also need to get the scoop paint matched to the rest of the car so it is just temporary paint for now.
Looking mighty good there, Sir!

What scoop do you have- looks like OEM MY02-03 STi?...

·
Registered
859 Posts
sirwilliam said:
Thanks! Yes, it is a OEM STi scoop for the 02'-03' WRX.
You know you won't fit in with that tiny scoop when the MD-VA crew is sporting the MRT 04-STI style, small child ingesting scoop! :) Maybe you can borrow Maestro's while his car is down.

J/K. Ditto on the quality of the Rota's. I'm sporting the SDRs for 20K miles with no problems (except they're dirty).

Frank

·
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
fmowry said:
You know you won't fit in with that tiny scoop when the MD-VA crew is sporting the MRT 04-STI style, small child ingesting scoop! :) Maybe you can borrow Maestro's while his car is down.

J/K. Ditto on the quality of the Rota's. I'm sporting the SDRs for 20K miles with no problems (except they're dirty).

Frank
Yeah, actually I was going to go w/ the MRT scoop but couldn't pass up a deal for $80 for the STi scoop I got...I like how I can fit a fist in the scoop vs. the stock which would only take straight fingers.

Yeah, the Rotas always seem to get dirty but then again, all wheels do. The dark wheels seem to show the dirt more so I tend to clean them more often...I also have to remember to wax my wheels for easier cleaning.

I have been riding on my Rota's for roughly 15K but only 10K on the new Pirelli's. I might end up getting another set of Rotas soon...possibly same style but a different color...I think Silver or Gold.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts