Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently, there will eventually be a fix for this. Maybe, a firmware upgrade? Not sure, but hopefully it gets resolved soon. If anyone knows if the problem has been fixed, could you post in this thread, so we can all go and get it fixed. Thanks.

:mob:

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT AT
1,295 Posts
Could you elaborate on SportTech?
A few new trim lines since we bought ours Outlaw:

Subaru Canada - 2010 Forester - Introduction

Highlights of SportTech:

Starting at $28,695

# 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels
# Pioneer AVIC in-dash navigation/audio system
# iPod®/USB audio integration with text display
# Bluetooth® hands-free system
# Sport-tech badge

Grrr!!!!!!!!!! Subaru.ca sucks!!!!!!!!! I was trying to compare the Touring to the SportTech (they have the same prices) but can't get the two to show side by side in a comparison. Grrrr......:mob:

Even when on the Forester page, clicking on specifications link at the top gets me Impreza info :crazy: :evilatyou:

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,740 Posts
Are you sure that it's Sirius sat. compatible? There's no mension of it on the website. Is there a sat. antenna on the winshield(pass. side top corner)? If not, then you have to get aftermarket sat. radio.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you sure that it's Sirius sat. compatible? There's no mension of it on the website. Is there a sat. antenna on the winshield(pass. side top corner)? If not, then you have to get aftermarket sat. radio.

Yes, it is supposed to have the antenna on the windshield. It has everything that the touring edition has with a few techie extras, as mentioned above, plus the 17 inch alloy XT rims and tires. They can't get Sirius working right now with the nav system but they are working on it, and should have a fix for it sometime in the future.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
169 Posts
subi-nubi, how is the rest of the Pioneer AVIC radio? Everything else works well I hope?

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have it yet. I'm still waiting for the vehicle to come in.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the great info everyone! I wasn't expecting all these great comments and help.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
5 Posts
2010 Forester Sport Tech.

If you don't have the car yet how do you know if the Sat radio works or not?
I'm picking up my 2010 Sport Tech this Friday. I got notice that they have been delivered on Friday which was May 28th.

Anyone know where I can get an after market luggage cover? Dealer wont throw it in or give me a discount?

N.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They told me about that problem at 2 different dealerships when I put down my $1000 deposit.

I bought a luggage cover from Subaru Parts Warehouse. But, I can't recommend them because I don't have the item yet and they they're not answering my emails anymore ever since I paid for the item. I just wanted to know if my order shipped or not. I paid on May 24th but the order still says "processing".

You can try the guys that are affiliated with this forum...Subaru Online Parts.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Picked up my Sporttech today and it doesn't have the antenna for the satellite. Bummer. No Sirius for me but it does have the Nav which I like more.:icon_frown:

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As far as the luggage cover goes, I finally received it, as well as the rest of my accessories that I ordered. It didn't take too long to get here. Pretty cool how I got everything the same day...the vehicle and all the mail order stuff. Love it.

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,740 Posts
Good timing. Now go buy a lottery ticket:). Lotto max is at $50 million+. I could sure use some of that windfall.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts