Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
I'd have to guess NOS injectors.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I was under the assumption that they passed through the wall.

·
Registered
05 Forester XT Mt
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They do pass through the walls.

Do other owners see this on their TMIC. I would think that these holes would casue the system to not hold boost. Has no one else noticed these holes? Could I have other owner check to see if their TMIC have these small holes. I would think that owners running STI TMIC would have noticed some small holes.

·
Registered
05 Forester XT Mt
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The one in the picture is not my TMIC but the used TMIC i recently bought has these same holes and the same location. The picture of the TMIC shown above is from a user on this board. I bought my TMIC also from a user on this board but not the same two user. So far i have seen four different pictures with TMIC with small holes on the sides. I have yet to install mine because I am sure that this needs to be addressed prior to install to assure that I will hold boost. The holes on my TMIC are not threaded so nothing was screwed into the holes at any point. The user I bought my TMIC from never had it installed, so this is why I am asking everyone, I even asked my tuner and he has no clue, as he has never seen this before.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I'd JB Weld plugs in. Can't be good!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Right on!
I'm guessing he can't explain them either?

·
Registered
05 Forester XT Mt
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Okay did some more searching and found this picture posted from Tuned200 08/09 STI TMIC. Look the same small holes. This has to be something from the factory.

Tuned200 did you know of these small holes in your TMIC, sounds ironic but are you losing boost in your setup? At this point i just want to know why these holes are even there if the system is built to hold pressure.

By the way I would like one of those splitters for mine.

·
Registered
2004 fxt A/T
2,567 Posts
Those holes do NOT go into the core, the sides are in no way connected to the sealed tanks on the top and bottom. If you look at the top of the intercooler the ends are just fins and none of the pressurized air can get out through those holes. The core starts one row of fins in from the sides. You are good, if you haven't sent the intercooler back then just keep it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts