Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,128 Posts
dtirell said:
well, I checked the tool kit and the glove box, no torx tool. What else should be included with the tool kit so I can go beat up the dealer?

Mike
Don't sweat it. Mine has I think, the torque driver for the crossbars, a combo phillips/ chisel point screwdriver, lug wrench and that's about it!

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,432 Posts
dtirell said:
well, I checked the tool kit and the glove box, no torx tool. What else should be included with the tool kit so I can go beat up the dealer?

Mike
LOL, I got cheated out of the torx tool too. I've heard of others getting 2 of them in their tool kit. :? What gives?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Has anyone removed the black sticker that is found on the side of the drivers side roof rail? The sticker warns that the rack should not be used without an optional rack being installed. How did you do it? The sticker looks terrible on my body colored side rails.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,432 Posts
Just peel it off. I did it the first day I got the car. If it doesn't want to cooperate, warm it up a little with a hair dryer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Brilliant! Hair dryer worked great! The sticker was off inside of a minute! :D Thanks!

·
Registered
259 Posts
pleiad7 said:
dtirell said:

Mike
LOL, I got cheated out of the torx tool too. I've heard of others getting 2 of them in their tool kit. :? What gives?
Never checked for it upon delivery. The Torx wrench in my case was found on the right hand side of the cargo area, under the liftable flap.

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
976 Posts
I have an 06. The tool that came with mine reads: Torx T-30. It was in the glove box when I bought the car.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
I found mine in the glove box, I'm glad the original owner decided to leave it there!

Just a quick side note: On the older foresters, (sf body style) if your roof racks have been on for sometime, and you decide to remove them, there's a good chance you'll have "marks" where the roof racks were mounted (because of plastic = it fades)

·
Registered
2006 Forester X
15 Posts
Well, finally found mine, of course in the last place I thought to look - at the dealership :D

Went in yesterday to drop off some paperwork and they got me a new one (and the rails came off right after).

Mike

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,296 Posts
death to the xbars on the silvers! :lol: it kinda adds to the menacing effect when i mug at other drivers for driving 30 in a 50 zone and then take advantage of our torque @ 4k to pull ahead of them and serve them their own medicine.. mwhahahaha

21 - 32 of 32 Posts