Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester L Auto
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a long accumulation of goodies, I finally have something to contribute!

This is my 2002 Forester L. I purchased it from an elderly couple in August with 53, 000 original kilometers.

And for my first mod (s)...

Take a guess at what you're looking at..

In the next year or so ill be doing:
-wrx brake upgrade
-forester xt struts with swift specific springs

·
Registered
2002 Forester L Auto
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a 5 channel amp so I could power a small shallow mount subwoofer as well. Does anyone have anytjing to suggest? Just looking for a little kick, the amp only does 150rms on the 5th channel...

·
Registered
2002 Forester L Auto
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So its been a while, the cold generally tends to keep me away from working on m car. A few developments:

-Sound system is installed, although I have a loose wire somewere on the passenger side because one of the tweeters seems to work and no work depnding on how its feeling. Its -12 out today so Ill probably leave it till spring when I planned on taking the doors off to sound deaden them anyways. It does bump though when it decides to work

-My new suspension will arrive tomorrow. I went with 04-07 wagon struts, wrx top mounts and swift sport springs. Might wait a few weeks to install.

-I am currently trying to decide what rims to run. Im not up for spending thousands on new wheels so Im limiting myself to whats available through the local clubs and kijiji. Right now its a toss up between 05LGT wheels (that come with new tires) OR a set of Prodrive P1's that caught my eye without tires (for the moment)

Both options cost about the same, one just needs tires. I like the prodrives but the LGT wheels cover the drums better :p (Ill be doing the brake conversion this summer)

Anyone happen to know someone running the Prodrive p1's or LGT wheels on their 98-02?

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,014 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester L Auto
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
02foresterL and phmancus are both running the hawkeye WRX wheels which are the same specs as the LGT wheels.

So this shot might give you an idea of the final fitment.

Here is what the LGT's look like on an SF
I like that, its clean looking. Plus my car is silver so it will match. Just unsure, so many choices. I dont know if i want to go with the thick 5 spokes or many thin spokes.

·
Registered
2002 Forester L Auto
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its been a while, but I have something to share...

What you are seeing is wrx wagon struts, with swift sport springs and a 3/8 rear spacer. This is sitting on some 06 (i think) wrx wheels I picked up wrapped in some slightly used dunlop sport tires.

I couldnt be happier, I love how it sits, how it fits. Its great. And the way it corners now..wow. It feels better than the 05 rs I used to have.

I am really dreaming of some sort of turbo swap now...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts