Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Erm as a JDM your's shouldn't require help from sam?

Simon

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you are right but its for a friends uk turbo ....all sorted now , it had 'radio lock out' because of telecommunications masts and needed an uprated alarm ecu :biggrin:

·
Registered
2000 s-turbo
229 Posts
I have problems with my alarm near CB radio masts, police stations, taxi ranks, mountain rescue vehicles, it's a complete nightmare.

Is this the same problem as your friend?

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Guiness ...yes his alarm totally crashed and would not arm/disarm or start .....even got the master code for the alarm form subaru but in the end it had to have an upgraded ecu fitted which works on a slightly different frequency ...the part number is sacc3465 (for his year 2000 s turbo with blue sigma alarm fobs ) .....if you ring the dealer and asked for a radio mast upgrade alarm ecu defender for your model it should sort it out , it was £86.....it seems to be a pre 2001 problem because the goverment changed the radio frequencies on these masts after that year ....

·
Registered
2000 s-turbo
229 Posts
Thanks for the info, yes mine is a 2000 s-turbo with blue fobs, luckily I can still override the alarm with the keypad, but I've made a note of the part numbers just in case.

Much appreciated

1 - 9 of 9 Posts