Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, side-swiped my own damn car today. :yell: Freaking pissed. Was backing up and just clipped the rear bumper of my brother's truck. Just scuffs on the bumper, but it did do a number to the sheet metal on the rear passenger door underneath the lower plastic trim. I'm going to try to see If I can straighten it out a little to the point where it's not noticeable, and then Line-X the entire bottom third of the car to hide the scuffs. Again, flipping pissed.........here's a crappy photo........

·
TANSTAAFL
2010 2.5X Premium AFF 4EAT
481 Posts
Been there did that. Sure you're pissed but remember, you can always fix sheet metal one way or another.

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,895 Posts
My insurance waives the deductible on collision coverage if the other car is owned by somebody covered by the same company! I guess that includes oneself?

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,050 Posts
Sorry about the damage. I would be pissed as well.

If I may try and offer a bright side...........

for those of us the like to take our ride off the beaten path this damage may allow you to take some of the fun trails a little faster. I do speak from experience. My first off road trip in my FXT I took it painfully slow. However, once I had numerous tree branch scratches down the entire length of the FXT I found myself taking the trails faster. I figured the car was no longer in "show room" condition so lets have some fun. My .02

·
Premium Member
2015 OutBack Ltd
3,123 Posts
Uhhhhhh....."you always hurt the one you love"..........that truly sucks the wind.

Sorry,

Steve

·
Registered
2014 CVT
826 Posts
been there, done that, of course i told my parents some one hit it in a parking lot at school............shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh they still dont know

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,726 Posts
hard lesson, I feel for you.

mine from growing up;
despite 100+ warnings from my parents about turning my music down and paying attention while driving I backed out infront of a car. Paying for the damage a week before christmas hurt, so did driving around with my dent until I could afford to get it fixed.. and hearing 'if you don't know how to back-up you can't really drive can you?' for a few weeks :biggrin:

who triple checks a double check before backing up?
:biggrin: always.

·
Ol' Timer
2006 WRX Spec-C 6MT
6,091 Posts
I clipped a pole next to my parking spot last year. Such a crappy feeling...
First you go through confusion when the car hits it, "what the hell is that?" :icon_question:
Then anger, "SHEET!" :yell:
Then embarrassment, "Can't believe I just did that...:icon_redface:"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts