Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XS CVT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How easy is it to install these myself? The dealer wants a high price to install them. I don't want to get them on crooked and not be able to re-align them.

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0XT Limited CVT
416 Posts
I'm not a handyperson but was able to install them without a problem in about 20 mins. The secret is to follow the instructions and avoid shortcuts. Once attached you can't remove and re-allign them. That's why you use masking tape to act as a guide for your layout. The tape is easy to remove and re-position. Don't do it by eye.

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0XT Limited CVT
416 Posts
Mine didn't. Measure up from the bottom of the vehicle a certain distance from a certain point and mark (instructions show you where). Measurement is slightly different in the front from the back. Then use masking tape to create a straight line from one mark to the other. This becomes your guide for the molding. After applying the molding along the tape you remove it leaving just the molding. Simple, really. If I can do it so can you. The results:

Notice that my moldings are narrower than OEM. I think they look better. Cheaper too...

·
Registered
2014 Forester XS CVT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Notice that my moldings are narrower than OEM. I think they look better. Cheaper too...[/QUOTE]

Where did you get yours?

·
Forester of the Year 2014
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,818 Posts
Wow, that looks way better than OEM. The OEMs are hideous imo but these are great.

*just noticed the chrome trim above the side panel. I wish we had that option in the states. I wonder how much I could get that for if I drove to a dealership in BC. I would want to wrap that piece in black brush metal to go with my door mirror covers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts