Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester L AT
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best way to get these off? Hair dryer and patience I'm assuming. Any tips would be appreciated!
Also, as far as rear debadging, which ones have the holes under them? It's just the small "forester" one right?

·
Registered
2002 Forester 4EAT
123 Posts
Good question. I'm kinda curious myself. Not the side Forester piece. I'm kinda proud to have it say Forester. or the SUBARU bagdes, I blacked those out. But the small forester badge in the back. I want to get rid of it and get the JDM "F" maybe as a decal.

·
Registered
2002 Forester L AT
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question. I'm kinda curious myself. Not the side Forester piece. I'm kinda proud to have it say Forester. or the SUBARU bagdes, I blacked those out. But the small forester badge in the back. I want to get rid of it and get the JDM "F" maybe as a decal.
I feel like it's pretty obvious that it's a forester without the less than appealing stickers on the side and since I'm going to be painting it sooner rather than later, I was just going to go ahead and remove them. The rear badges will eventually be replaced, but since they will eventually be replaced with Sti badges, I'm not too worried about them. Just not going to but Sti on the til it is though. I'll probably just do a hair dryer and peel and if that doesn't work a razor blade.

·
Registered
2002 Forester 4EAT
123 Posts
I feel like it's pretty obvious that it's a forester without the less than appealing stickers on the side and since I'm going to be painting it sooner rather than later, I was just going to go ahead and remove them. The rear badges will eventually be replaced, but since they will eventually be replaced with Sti badges, I'm not too worried about them. Just not going to but Sti on the til it is though. I'll probably just do a hair dryer and peel and if that doesn't work a razor blade.
Maybe in your area people know it's a Forester, but around here they think its a toyota.. Good luck with debadging it though. I'd like to see how it turns out.

·
Premium Member
2012 2.5X 4EAT
908 Posts
I can't tell you about which badges have screws under them, but for debadging, I used some fishing line (after THOROUGHLY cleaning the badge area) and slid it between on a warm day. I used a bit of WD-40 and elbow grease to get the rest of the adhesive off. There are better products for that, though. Hair dryers work, but I would be careful not to put too much heat on one spot at once. You might possibly damage the paint. Try just YouTube-ing "Debadging" and you'll get plenty of tutorials and methods.

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts