Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question. In my older Forester the side pockets in rear cargo area had an actual pocket or higher lip so when placed something there it would stay. This new one has nothing to hold anything there. Anyone come up with something to make this a more useful storage area? Can you use side netting from older foresters ?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
316 Posts
I'm looking forward to the answer here as well. I quite miss the netted side pockets in my Impreza and XV. I am not a fan of the current Subaru solution that spans across the rear opening.

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
291 Posts
Subaru sells side cargo nets. They attach to the knobs on the side wall.

I found the side cargo net info.

Genuine Subaru F551SSG010 Cargo Net, Side
About $45 on Amazon

·
Registered
316 Posts
I found the side cargo net info.

Genuine Subaru F551SSG010 Cargo Net, Side
About $45 on Amazon
That part number has been superseded by F551SSG011, and is applicable to MY2014-2018.

Have you installed them on your 2019? Is the fitment correct? The only cargo net that Subaru lists for the 2019 is F551SSJ000.

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
291 Posts
I have not installed the side net on my 2019. I did have them on my 2015. They will fit the 2019. The attach points look identical.
The rear part of the net attaches to the knob, the front attaches to the metal bar that holds the back seat locked up.
The dealer can confirm compatibility.

I did find out from the dealer that the seat back protector is the same size 2014 through 2019. Those I have.

That part number has been superseded by F551SSG011, and is applicable to MY2014-2018.

Have you installed them on your 2019? Is the fitment correct? The only cargo net that Subaru lists for the 2019 is F551SSJ000.
This part number is for the net across the back. Either behind the seat or at the opening. I also have been unable to find a current part number for the side net.
I sold my 2015 to my daughter, with the cargo net, of course.
Perhaps tomorrow I can pull the net and test it in my 2019. Only take 2 minutes.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium CVT
227 Posts
https://subaruonlineparts.com/subaru-forester-cargo-side-cargo-area-p-1946.html sells a pair of side pockets for 2014-2018 Foresters for $42.18.

subaruonlineparts.com sells side pockets, and many more Subaru parts, for other years too.

I bought a 20mm rear sway bar, oil filters, and Subaru/Kicker dash speakers from there. I'm very pleased with their prices, quick shipping, and vast inventory.

Amazon.com sells 2014 Forester side pockets for $43.76 with free shipping. link wouldn't work

·
Registered
2019 Forester
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem is that these show hooked on4 hooks. The 2019 doesn’t have 4 hooks to connect too.

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
291 Posts
I fitted the 2015 cargo net in my 2019 Touring. They fit the same.
The lower hook attach to the tie downs, the upper rear goes over the knob. The top front, I attached over the metal loop that the rear seat attaches to.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thank you for the photos.
On the XV and Impreza you needed to drill holes for the side nets. Is that the case for the 2014-2918 Forester?
EDIT: Found the install instructions, and it appears it is the same install.
EDIT: For those interested, those drilling indicator points are not present in the 2019.

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
291 Posts
@supasta. I avoid drilling by using the loop at the top front on both the 2015 and 2019.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks jmw15 for posting pictures. I have the cargo nets on my '15. I also have the full width cargo mat as you do. While the nets do work, they interfere with the cargo mat, if one needs to get into the spare well. I am contemplating making smaller nets to keep objects in the side wells. Has anyone engineered a better solution?

·
Registered
2019 Touring CVT
291 Posts
@Gomomgo I agree, that is why I have not replaced the side cargo nets in my 2019. I have decided that I can store everything that I need under the cargo compartment. Keeping the cargo area more useable.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
222 Posts
Rear Cargo Side Nets

Searched for 2019 version of the side cargo nets and have seen dealers sites offering these nets for other year Foresters. This lead me to believe these nets aren’t based on model years and I bought the side cargo nets from site claiming years 2013 to 2018. IMO, half of the kit’s mounting parts won’t be needed since there are already top tie down knobs for top of nets. Now trying to make a determination where the one inside top tie down knob must be installed? Does anyone have the 2019 installation instructions or has it already installed at time of purchasing their 2019 Forester? If so where was the approximate knob location installed. Many Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts