Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester Manual
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a shuddering/thumping coming from the rear of the vehicle during acceleration from a stop or very low speeds. It seems to be coming from the rear passenger side. My first thought is that it is a worn passenger side CV axle. I took a look under there today after work and I couldn't see a cracked or torn CV boot, so I'm not positive that it is the right rear axle. I'm looking for some advice before I go and install a new axle. Cheers.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,431 Posts
Could be something as simple as worn diff outrigger bushings as well. Replace with Kartboy bushings and never worry about them again.

·
Registered
2006 Forester Manual
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Silke, I'll check it out. What do I look for if the bushings are worn? Some wiggle or play when I try to move the axle? Actually, where are the differential outrigger bushings located?
Cheers.

·
Registered
2006 Forester Manual
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I checked out the Kartboy bushings and I think I will order a set and see what happens. What should I go with? The grey "soft" or black "hard" option?

·
Registered
2006 Forester Manual
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, I found out the hard way what the problem was. Front U-joint blew up! lucky thing was that it happened when my wife was pulling into the driveway. No collateral damage done. Ordered a used prop shaft online. Just finished installing grease-able Rockford serviceable U-joints so I can actually lube the U-joints (imagine that). Got myself a serviceable drive shaft now. No more [email protected]#@# staked in U-joints!

I did end up installing the Kartboy rear diff. bushings. The whole setup is smooth as glass! I didn't realize how crap the old propshaft was! Feels like a new car!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts