Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Forester X Auto
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a '13 N/A forester that began to shred the serpentine belt due to a dent on the lip of the lower ribbed pulley on the drivers side. I cannot find what it is called when trying to find a belt diagram. The pulley needs to be replaced or it will shred another belt. Can you tell me what pulley it is and where to buy one. It only has three bolts holding it on. Thanks

even a serpentine belt diagram for the NA engine would work would help alot, and this car has a normal spring tensioner and does not have stretch belts

Mogli

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,067 Posts
@mogli I see you're new to the fotum, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Looking at the shop manual, the A/C compressor belt is a stretch belt. The P/S & alternator has a standard belt. They are both driven by the crankshaft pulley.

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Forester X Auto
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is not the system on the '13, at least in the one I own. It has only one belt and looks like this.

The pulley I am looking for is in the bottom left and is partially cut off in that photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Forester X Auto
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you very much, looks like its the water pump pulley. Now is there any other place to get one than the dealer??

Just noticed that in my case there looks to be a power steering pump at the top left of the alternator in the diagram you posted. Closest diagram I've seen though. Thanks again

·
Administrator
39,067 Posts
Have you looked in your Owner's Manual? In The "Maintenance and service" section, there should be "drive belts". There will be a diagram there that show how the belts are installed.

► Update - I just looked at the 2013 Owner's Manual & it only shows the drive belt for the XT says the nonturbo drive belt doesn't need to be adjusted, so no diagram is shown! :confused:

The mystery continues... :icon_eek:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Administrator
39,067 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: Natedog

·
Registered
2013 Forester X Auto
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you thank you, ya i found it quite odd myself too. Found the part at 1 dealer within 100 miles. luckily just under 40 after tax and about an hour drive.

Thanks again,
Mogli

1 - 9 of 9 Posts