Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester Sport 5 sp
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My 08 Forester is approaching 90K and I was thinking of upgrading, if I can find an XT. I might have just missed a nice one in Ohio with low miles as well. I'm good with one with 90K miles or more and of course would do the timing belt and other maintenance as required. If I don't find one soon I'll perform the maintenance on mine and continue. So the question is, what is the market like for a 5 speed manual Forester with 90K on the clock? Should I accept standard trade in for an aging but well cared for Forester or would I be better off selling it in the local paper, here, cars.com, ETC?

Suggestions appreciated,

TM

·
Registered
2012 Legacy 2.5i 6spd
593 Posts
Sell it yourself!! You will be way better off.
Not sure the market right now. I am sure someone out there would be all about a manual forester sports.

·
Registered
2008 Forester Sport 5 sp
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both, that's what I wanted to hear. If I find the right one I'll pounce on it and hopefully find a good home for mine in short order. I's been a great ride. Only thing other than general maintenance has been the right rear wheel bearing. I could put another 90K on this one.

Thanks again,
TM

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT CVT
219 Posts
Sell it out right if your not in a rush. The tax advantage of trading dose not = out to what you can sell it for yourself. I'm not sure about the Pitt area but the used Forester market up here is beyond hot. You should have no trouble finding a buyer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts