Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I Heart Beer
2000 Forester L
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well recently my 2000 forester with wrx swap and tons of mods has been giving me a hard time and i can't really figure out what is wrong with the car and i have been toying around with the idea of completely parting the car out and getting something else.
i'm tired of having a car that requires so much attention and is unreliable most of the time. i know i wouldn't get much for the car even if i got it running again and i don't think i want to put another dime into this thing.
if i could do it all again i would for sure because i have learned so much and i've had an incredibly unique and individual car but i'm thinking it may be time to move onto something different.
what do you all think, do you ever just get tired of your car and want to start all over with something else?

·
I Heart Beer
2000 Forester L
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f159/bad-coil-pack-65976/

i've kinda wanted to sell it in the back of my head for the last year or two at least and i'm wondering how much more money i want to spend. i have a meth kit waiting to go on and then i'll need a tune so there is another $500 or more plus whatever i start breaking after that

·
Registered
2002 S
2,695 Posts
Keep it for the exact reason GarageXTi said.
If you can't figure out yourself what is wrong with it now, spend the money you would have spent on getting the meth kit installed and have it repaired by a shop. You could always do the meth install later on after it's running well.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
I'd maybe consider parting it out, and starting from scratch. I've had the same feelings about my FXT, but mostly because of the rust cancer thats beginning to form on it, and its always a downhill battle with rust. I've toyed with the idea of picking up a cheap early 90's impreza or legacy shell and swapping allt he fun bits from the FXT over to it. Then get the FXT shell fixed up, repainted, and eventually swap it all back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts