Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Audi S4 Avant 6 spd Triptronic
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As always I get bored with the look, I was debating about changing the color of my rims to white. Here is a quick PS..what do you think?

·
Registered
04 FXT, 61 Stude
1,735 Posts
That would look sweet... but over the gold? That's a tough call.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
That PS looks good. It's hard to pull off white wheels, but sometimes they work well. I have a set of white wheels on my Mazda, but the car is white also.

Stan

·
Registered
2013 BRZ 6speed RWD
53 Posts
i do like the white but I think the gold suits the blue better. White on blue just reminds me of the old fast and the furious days

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
White looks nice, too. But white is a PITA to keep clean. Just stay with the golds which looks better.

Oh, and I get ansy, too...just do what I do and have 3 sets of wheels to rotate :icon_wink:...or you can get more :lol:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would love to get a set of 18 x 9.5 rims....maybe in white...but with a baby on the way, I feel the days of modding my car are almost over :(
White looks nice, too. But white is a PITA to keep clean. Just stay with the golds which looks better.

Oh, and I get ansy, too...just do what I do and have 3 sets of wheels to rotate :icon_wink:...or you can get more :lol:

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT (former)
2,485 Posts
Someone here had a WRB with white wheels. ahnoff I think it was.
Correct. hobbsdt owns it now.

To the original question: I think WRB cars can pull off white, but it's still not my favorite look compared to most other colors. I wouldn't paint them.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
150 Posts
While the PS looks pretty awesome and I like the subzeros on hobbsdt's WRB, I'd say either keep them gold or sell them to me. Your call.

·
Registered
08 2.5x
457 Posts
If you did that you would need some kind of a white ascent on the car to pull it tougher. White rally stripe any one?

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
yeah abnoff had it and i saw his ride a few times in person and clean they look amazing. but cleaning white rims is the problem

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I actually had white rims also, and yes it was a pain in the donkey. But they were rattle can, I plan to get mine powder coated this time around. The rims were no where near as aggressive . So I wanted to ask your guys opinion...kinda a toss up at this point!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts