Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to reduce the clutch throw? My wife is on the shorter side (5') and can't really drive our XT since the clutch throw forces her to set the seat so that she's inches from the steering wheel....not a comfortable or safe driving position. I know a performance clutch package will produce a "snappier" engagement but will anything help to reduce the distance the clutch needs to be depressed? Making it easier to depress would serve to be a plus also.

...and yes I know not having my wife drive the XT has it's advantages...namely me not getting stuck having to take the 02 Outback Sport. However....she IS my wife......and the couch is kinda short .....(kidding).....she might read this

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
Wouldnt she also need the seat close for the brake?
Sounds like you need a vehicle with a telescopic steering wheel to work well for both of you.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brake and gas pedals don't travel as far and they don't take nearly the same effort to move.

·
Harbor Fright
2005 XT
362 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FXT22 said:
Perhaps adjusting the clutch pedal can help. Doesn't change the throw per se, but maybe moving the engagement point higher up could help. My own clutch engaged higher up in the arc than I liked, so I was able to lower it using the adjustment in this thread:

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3876&highlight=clutch+adjust

Thanks...i'll look into it. It may be an easier solution than what I 1st thought.

great avatar BTW. gotta love Gir

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
870 Posts
YA Buy a short throw kit from Kartboy and if he has none then spt and if b and m would offer one id say them as well. BUT PLEASE DONT RUIN YOUR VECHILE BY PURCHASINGA AGENCY POWER CRAP!

·
Registered
2004 XT AT
1,101 Posts
I think anything you do to shorten the clutch throw will make it harder to push. You could be better off physically extending the pedals somehow. Or teach the wife to shift without using the clutch ;-)

·
Supporting Vendor
2005 80 CC
550 Posts
we got em in stock!
for the clutch throw. you can adjust it to your needs. as stated on the SM site its the rod attached to the pedal. i put a new clutch in my FXT 6 speed swap and needed to change the engagement point. just play around with it a bit till you get it where she is happy.

Tom

·
Registered
2011 Forester MT
29 Posts
Thanks...i'll look into it. It may be an easier solution than what I 1st thought.

great avatar BTW. gotta love Gir
Rise from the dead!!!
Did you ever end up trying this - did it work well?
And... did you happen to take pics - I've been searching for an image / how to on the pedal adjustment - nothing visual yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts