·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
I have the COBB shifter and it works fine. Having the adjustability is nice. But after getting the throw and height set, I haven't touched it.

If you are picky about the height/throw then get the COBB. Otherwise, save a few bucks and get the KB.

·
Registered
2004 FXT
830 Posts
I have the KB... but now I want my throws to be even SHORTER... any ideas ? (note, I want the throws to be shorter, not the length of the shifter to be shorter)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
twg said:
I have the KB... but now I want my throws to be even SHORTER... any ideas ? (note, I want the throws to be shorter, not the length of the shifter to be shorter)
Well thats kind of what I was getting at. Anyone know if the Cobb minimum throw setting is shorter than the KB setting?

·
Supporting Vendor
2005 80 CC
550 Posts
Hi guys
what i used to run in my FXT before i did the 6spd swap was to run the RS shifter with the front and rear bushings. i think peaty has the same thing.
NOTE this will only work on the 04-05 the 06 is different.

Tom

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
Hi guys
what i used to run in my FXT before i did the 6spd swap was to run the RS shifter with the front and rear bushings. i think peaty has the same thing.

Tom
I've used this shifter in my FXT. It was sweet. Super short throw with short height.
Selling my old one HERE for $50.

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT MT Cobb Stage 2
858 Posts
I've had both. I had one of the original KBs for the Forester and it was actually 1/4" taller than the OEM shifter. I like the weight of the KB, but I wanted a shorter throw and height, so I bought the original Cobb shifter (they changed the design since I bought mine). It's not as beefy as the KB unit, but I'm satisfied with the height and throw. It works great with the KB front & rear shifter bushings.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi guys

Tom

So what does that 6spd tranny go for these days? ....to have a "True" Forester STi would be heaven

1 - 8 of 8 Posts