Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
04 Forester XT MT
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've been wanting a short throw for a while and i think its about that time now. I'm trying to find out who makes the best one for my 04 xt. Let me know what you all think.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
Your best bang for the buck with be the Kartboy short shifter, and Tom is actually a sponsor here.
If you just want a shorter throw, you'll only need the shifter itself. If you'd like to firm things up a bit, get the front and rear shifter bushings while you're at it. Since you've got a MY04 the rear shifter bushing will work on yours, unlike on the MY06-08's where it doesn't fit properly.
If you'd like to make your shifter feel AMAZING... get the Subaru Group N 5-speed transmission mount. It'll be like night and day difference in the shifter feel, but won't be very amateur friendly with the shifts.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
1,542 Posts
I have a Cobb and love it. Kartboy has some quality shifters too (less expensive too!) and Tom's a good guy. I'd probably get a Kartboy if I had to do it over again.

·
Registered
04 Forester XT MT
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just found the group-n mounts you mentioned they look alot beefier than my sti mount. not that expensive either. I think i will be going with the kart boy shifter thanks for the input

1 - 5 of 5 Posts