Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester L
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking at picking up a SRI for my Forester. I have a couple of quick questions.

I have found a cheap SRI from Cosmo Racing. I've never heard of them though, so I'm not sure how reliable they would be.

Does anyone have any experience with them, or would anyone suggest another intake. Thanks.

I would like to buy one of the SPT short ram intakes, but I haven't found one that fits my year. Correct me if I'm wrong, but do they not make an intake for my model?

·
Registered
2001 Forester L
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That intake looks really nice.

I would get a CAI, but I'm not sure how big of a deal it would be living in Alaska. How likely is it to get water ingestion through a CAI? That's why I leaned more toward a SRI.

I'm new to the world of intakes though, so I might be wrong.

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
I was looking at picking up a SRI for my Forester. I have a couple of quick questions.

I have found a cheap SRI from Cosmo Racing. I've never heard of them though, so I'm not sure how reliable they would be.

Does anyone have any experience with them, or would anyone suggest another intake. Thanks.

I would like to buy one of the SPT short ram intakes, but I haven't found one that fits my year. Correct me if I'm wrong, but do they not make an intake for my model?

Do NOT put a SRI on an n/a car. Waste of money. Why suck in hot air from the engine bay?

No, SPT doesn't make a an n/a intake.

I had a CAI and my SF and now on my LGT and never had a problem with water ingestion. You would need to drive through a deep puddle that covers the filter element to hyrdolock your motor.

·
Registered
2004 2.5xt
122 Posts
Haha well I guess I'll be looking at a CAI then. Thanks for saving me the money.
Just to reinforce the CAI having no issues with water conjestion. That wheel well area that the CAI ends up in on Foresters is pretty well covered by splashguards and other plastic, unless you are doing river crossing's there should be no reason to have any water congestion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts