Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Premium
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I live in the Monterey Bay Area and I'm looking at a 2010 Forester Premium w/ all weather package, sage green.
Options are:
cargo liner
auto dim mirror w/ compass
splash guard
rear bumper protector
side cargo net

OTD price $22,874. Is this a good deal? Seems like it, but would love opinions.
Thanks

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
OTD?

Sounds pretty good to me.

That must mean your quoted price was $19K? Not bad at all for a Premium with a few extra options.

·
Registered
2010 Premium
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry. I didn't include tax and all. Before taxes it's $22,874. I did a search on true car. com and it cam in under invoice.

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT Premium 4EAT
229 Posts
Hi Marine,

Are you getting that quote from the Seaside Subaru? Is it an automatic transmission, or manual?
Check the Santa Cruz Subaru... they offer free oil changes for (I think) 60,000 miles.

David

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Now it's sounding more like an average deal. By contrast, I paid $24,600 for my 09 Limited, about $27,500 OTD with many of the same options (no cargo net). I like the pseudo-leather interior tho. No navie.

Granted, I purchased the foz when dealers were way scared that the market was taking a crap. And now, the demand for the Fozies has gone up, putting the dealer in the driver's seat (so to speak).

I did, however, see a post just yesterday from someone who bought a 10 Limited for $24,300. And they got all your options plus aero bars and all-weather mats.

Maybe haggle the dealer to throw in some more incentives to get your deal sounding a bit better. Maybe a maintenance package?

Good luck!

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
that seems like a solid price but u live in an area where, i assume, being around the bay there are several subaru dealerships. if i were u, ill shop around some more. email other places around u (u can use subaru.com dealership contacts or find their websites online). use the lowest email/internet price when u reply to them - use this information against the other ones. and if ur lucky, before u know it they'll fight against each other to get ur business - lowering their prices by 100-200 increments - kinda funny actually! :p always deal with OTD price! don't be shy. be frank and direct - it's a big purchase, for pete's sake! :p 2 weeks of going back and forth (email) to responsive dealerships might be worth the wait for a great price. also, just in time for the end of the month where dealerships scramble to get a sale to reach their monthly quota.

also if u dont mind (and if u can wait) just install/buy some of the factory accessories afterwards. you will save some money going this route (i sure did!)! as much as possible, just buy a bare minimum forester. in ur case, premium w/ all weather pack. altho if u fancy the rear spoiler or the remote starter, ask them to install these for u (included in ur otd price) as these 2 might be the hardest/most delicate ones to install. rear spoiler needs drilling holes by the hatch area. remote starter is like 2-3 hr job and needs programming. *trailer hitch install might be a daunting task also. the only thing that i could think of that is a mush-have (soon) when u buy a foz is the rear bumper cover ....and maybe the cargo liner/tray. oem splash guard is a joke! i suggest the rally armor one. pricey but for its effectiveness and looks, it's well worth it! do a search in the forum. u'll find a lot of infos about all of the foz accessories. decide what u really need/want. :)

btw... once u got a pretty good idea of the going/lowest price for the car build u want, use this price in dealing with the nearest subaru dealership to u. if they match/beat it, then that's a big incentive 4 u as u dont have to drive further away to get ur car serviced or something. so they shld be the last dealership u shld reply to when ur finally ready to buy. :)

my 2 cents! good luck!

·
Registered
2010 Premium
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well we did it. We got them to throw in the luggage cover as well. I'm happy with it.
1.9% financing and free oil changes for 3 years. It feels like a lot of car for what we paid. It came in way cheaper then the CRV we looked at and we got more options.
Now it's time for a trip to the Sierras!

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
applause

Back to sounding like a better than average/good deal. Way to go, haggling for those oil changes and extras. Wish I would have thought of that. :Banane35:

Happy trails! :rock:

Remember, those Sierra roads can get pretty gritty and icy. Not saying that it's nothing you or the Foz can't handle, but at some point (if you plan to plow through snow/dirt/mud) you might want to consider a skid plate. :icon_wink:

Oh, almost forgot. If you drive to the Sierra, you might want to invest in a hood protector too. When the roads get graveled and you're traveling behind another car, you WILL get pelted, a lot. Unfortunately, I bought a plastic hood protector after I found out the hard way. Blast those little chips in my paint!

I won't even go into what the Sierra might do to your windshield.

·
Registered
2010 Premium
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is our first new car and yes I'm super paranoid of scratched and dings. I parked in the back 40 at the grocery store yesterday because of door ding fears! So far we're loving' the car!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts