Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2010 X Limited
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks. Been admiring outbacks and Foresters from a distance for years. I'm shopping for a 2010 Forester next weekend, here in Oklahoma City.

I'm waivering between a basic model, a premium, or a limited - all non-turbo. I could probably afford a limited, but don't really need roof racks etc. etc.

Being an Indiana boy, I really want heated wipers and seats (premium pkg), but I live in Oklahoma now, so they wouldn't really get that much use, but man those little comforts are nice when you need them.

I swore I would never buy another new car, because of the depreciation, but here I go again. Can't stop myself for some reason.

Any advice? The choices are driving me nuts! Are their features you like in your Foresters, that you are glad you sprang for?

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT Touring
946 Posts
Welcome to the site.
I just bought my first Forester, 2010 XT Limited, a little over two weeks ago. I am happy with the car.
I like the little creature comforts in my car also, it's the little things that make the car fun. It might seem weird but one of my non-essential favorite parts is the white puddle lights. The body molding and blue interior lights are nice also. I do have the weather package in the car also and I never saw the wiper heaters before, thought that was cool. But then again never thought about looking for them.

Dave

·
Registered
2010 X Limited
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Dave. That's helpful info. I think it's important to have a car you will enjoy, too. Heck, you only live once.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,902 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Good luck on your new Forester purchase. When I decided to buy a new Forester earlier this year, I wanted a low mileage used one & I found this one. I could easily afford a new one, but I prefer the earlier model & styling. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2010 X Limited
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I ended up trading my F250 in on one today. Gat a silver limited with ble floor lighting and an IPOD interface. Love it so far. I will sleep with the owner's manual tonight...

·
Registered
2009 Forester
35 Posts
Limited is the only way to go.

Leather seats, puddle lights, better radio, and the body side moldings and extra trim really spruce up the car.

If you can afford it, get something you really like.

It's the extra bells and whistles that really make the car fun.

Enjoy and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
11 Posts
I picked up 2010 Limited on Friday and am very happy with the decision.
The leather seats and improved audio were attractive features.
I really like the Xenon headlights. When driving at night, you definitely notice whiter gaze on traffic ahead.

Good luck with your decision.
Cheers!

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
471 Posts
I really like the Xenon headlights. When driving at night, you definitely notice whiter gaze on traffic ahead.
You get Xenons up in Canada? Nice.

I would vote against the iPod interface. It is not intuitive at all (and I am very good with electronic gadgets). My theory is if you can't work something within 5 minutes without using the instructions, it's not worth it. I always just recommend to my customers to just use the normal aux input and don't get the iPod interface.

Other things to avoid: front and rear bumper underguard (expensive and useless), and foglights unless they come on the vehicle like on a Limited (they are purely cosmetic).

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT Premium 4EAT
229 Posts
You get Xenons up in Canada? Nice.

I would vote against the iPod interface. It is not intuitive at all (and I am very good with electronic gadgets). My theory is if you can't work something within 5 minutes without using the instructions, it's not worth it. I always just recommend to my customers to just use the normal aux input and don't get the iPod interface.

Other things to avoid: front and rear bumper underguard (expensive and useless), and foglights unless they come on the vehicle like on a Limited (they are purely cosmetic).

Thank you for your insight. I have wondered about all of those extras.

I would think the underguards wouldn't hold up to rocks, but I wonder if they would help with snow.

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
2014 Forester Ltd. CVT
1,785 Posts
Thank you for your insight. I have wondered about all of those extras.

I would think the underguards wouldn't hold up to rocks, but I wonder if they would help with snow.

Thanks,

David
Yes, avoid the ipod cable. Get an outlet charger, an aux cable, and if using an ipod touch or iphone get an application like fluxtunes or opus which allow you to control the iphone play without looking at it (through petting/stroking/tapping anywhere on the face).

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is easy to follow and carry out. Thanks for your posting. It is very helpful for me. Yaaaah...;)

This is what i am looking for so far. It is very helpful for me. Yaaahhh

1 - 15 of 15 Posts