Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am shopping for a new forester and received a quote for the 2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X premium 4 speed automatic /all weather with

Auto Dim Mirror w/Compass & Homelink
Luggage Compartment Cover
Popular Equipment Group 5B
Rear Bumper Cover
Security System Shock Sensor.

OTD price $25,386.

Is this a good offer,

thanks

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,385 Posts
WEelcome. Did you price it on something like edmunds.com??

Welcome to the board

·
Supporting Vendor
2005 80 CC
550 Posts
try calling MAsood Mir over at stevens creek and tell him Kartboy sent you.
i got a 2010 FXT limited loaded for under 30 OTD :)

or try Jon Nakimura over at Albany Subaru. again tell him i sent you.

i picked up my old 08 STi from them also at a great price.

T

·
Registered
2010 Forester
2 Posts
Best OTD for 2.5X Premium with all weather package

Hi Rohini,
We are also looking for Same Model with same specs and are local to bay area, if you don't mind sharing, could you pls let us know if you have already bought it? Did u get any better offer than 25,300? and from which dealer did you buy it from?

Thanks

·
Registered
2010 forester
37 Posts
You should check out truecar dot com. I have a premium w/o the security feature you're talking about and w/o the automatic transmission for 22290. You might be paying more up there anyway b/c they could be more desirable than here in Phx. For sure check with other dealers and also other states just to see what they can offer you. Good luck!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I test drove a new 2010 Forester and it was real nice and smooth compared to my 2000 Forester.

But I just can't seem to justify the big car pymt. I have only $3,000 saved plus whatever my 2000 Forester would bring.

·
Registered
2010 forester
37 Posts
Superhero,

For me, it was partially due to my '95 Legacy that was costing me more in repairs than anything. It was well paid off but didn't make sense to keep spending the dollars into that car which already had 155k on her. If your 2000 is running well then I'd save the money assuming you don't have any monthly payments.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,986 Posts
The price looks about right, but you can always try to negotiate it down.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
31 Posts
I would assume it's a bit high considering I just picked up a 10 limited with almost all of those options and the front lip for 28,200.

·
Registered
2010 Limited
8 Posts
All,

I just did a ton of research on the 2010 Forester Limited and Premium and found the best deal at a dealer in Colorado Springs. Heuberger Motors. Got $1500 off dealer invoice on either trim package. My local dealers wouldn't go lower than invoice.

Went with the Limited with auto dim mirror/compass/homelink, all weather mats, Pzev, splash guard kit, aero cross bars, and rear bumper cover. Paid $24,279. Was worth a quick trip to Colorado to pick up.

Great customer service with Tom Antonez. Airport pickup, breakfast, a little off road driving in the new Subie. I had a great experience and got a good deal.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Yep...

All,

I just did a ton of research on the 2010 Forester Limited and Premium and found the best deal at a dealer in Colorado Springs. Heuberger Motors. Got $1500 off dealer invoice on either trim package. My local dealers wouldn't go lower than invoice.

Went with the Limited with auto dim mirror/compass/homelink, all weather mats, Pzev, splash guard kit, aero cross bars, and rear bumper cover. Paid $24,279. Was worth a quick trip to Colorado to pick up.

Great customer service with Tom Antonez. Airport pickup, breakfast, a little off road driving in the new Subie. I had a great experience and got a good deal.
That is a good deal. Was that OTD?

I bought my 09 FX Limited for $200 more, w bumper cover, dim mirror, splash guards, side molding, but w/o aero bars and rubber mats (didnt want em). I did get the cargo mat tho. OTD for me was about $3000 more.

Nice job and congrats!:Banane35:

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5x
11 Posts
About a month ago I bought a 2010 Forester 2.5 Limited for a similar price to the 24, 279.

·
Registered
2010 Limited
8 Posts
Hey bellatech,

If OTD means, out the door price here's the scoop:

Price, incl. $695 destination fee: $24,279
Dealer fee: $389 (about $200 higher than my local dealers
Tax (unfortunately ;-:) Can't recall, but in my state it's 7.75%.

The dealer fee and tax where the only add-ons.

For those into Subies, the whole experience was cool too.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Hey bellatech,

If OTD means, out the door price here's the scoop:

Price, incl. $695 destination fee: $24,279
Dealer fee: $389 (about $200 higher than my local dealers
Tax (unfortunately ;-:) Can't recall, but in my state it's 7.75%.

The dealer fee and tax where the only add-ons.

For those into Subies, the whole experience was cool too.
Gotcha,
Yeah, OTD (out the door) is usually the price including all other added costs, such as tax title and license. Anyway, sounds like you got a great deal. congrats!! :Banane17:

·
Registered
2010 Forester
8 Posts
I bought my 2010 Subaru 2.5X Premium with All Weather Package for $25,482.54 in July 2009. I did a bit of research between edmunds.com and consumer reports.org. Based on what Edmunds listed as "Fair Market Value" I got the vehicle below what others were paying, but the economy was bad and this was before the "cash for clunker" deal. In the end I got the car for $450 below posted dealer invoice. I think I got a fair deal, but it sounds like you are getting a great deal. Good luck.

Vehicle: $23,522.00
Sales Tax (7%): $1,646.54
Tire Fee: $7.50
Registration Fee: $47.50 (to transfer plates)
Documentation Fee: $259.00
Total Cost: $25,482.54

·
Registered
55 Posts
My wife and I are shopping for a new car and have the 2010 Forester (U.S.) on the list. It has a 5-Speed stick which we both love and the 2.5X or 2.5X Premium (normally aspirated) are being considered. Can y'all help me with a few questions?

I visited the Subaru Dealer this Sunday afternoon so that I could peek at the Foresters without a salesguy hovering around. I forgot to take note of some things and have a few questions:

Does the 2.5X (w/Manual Driver's Seat) have a lumbar support knob?
Does the 2.5X have cupholders in the rear passenger area (aside from door pockets)?
Do the 2.5X or 2.5X Premium have a cabin pollen filter?
Does the 2.5X or 2.5X Premium have a driver's foot rest on the left?

Thanks very much!

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
My wife and I are shopping for a new car and have the 2010 Forester (U.S.) on the list. It has a 5-Speed stick which we both love and the 2.5X or 2.5X Premium (normally aspirated) are being considered. Can y'all help me with a few questions?

I visited the Subaru Dealer this Sunday afternoon so that I could peek at the Foresters without a salesguy hovering around. I forgot to take note of some things and have a few questions:

Does the 2.5X (w/Manual Driver's Seat) have a lumbar support knob?
Does the 2.5X have cupholders in the rear passenger area (aside from door pockets)?
Do the 2.5X or 2.5X Premium have a cabin pollen filter?
Does the 2.5X or 2.5X Premium have a driver's foot rest on the left?

Thanks very much!
Hi Fitz,

Hopefully someone else can chime in. I own an 09 FX Limited 4EAT, so I'm not sure about some of your questions, especially the one about the lumbar support knob.

I'm about 99 percent sure that the X and Premium come with the cup holders in the back seat. It's a flip-out style cup holder that resides in the seat and holds two beverages.

I'm also about 90 percent sure that the X and Premiums come with pollen filters and the left-side foot rest.

Don't quote me tho. A quick call to the dealer (if there is a such a thing) should answer your query.

·
Registered
2011 Sage Green FXP 5 spd
259 Posts
Hi. I just purchased the 2010 FX Premium 5 spd and I love it.

1-The base model doesn't have a lumbar adjustment. The FXP has elect drivers seat with lumbar adjustment.
2-I don't believe that the base model has cup holders in the back.
3-They both have cabin air filters and left foot rests.
Hope this helps you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts