Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PistonHeads Headlines

Yet another astonishing piece of research... most dangerous road in the country? Cat 'n' Fiddle. Now who would have thought that a road where people go to drive their cars and bikes hard would be dangerous? Research money well spent if you ask me.

·
Registered
97 JDM S/tb Manual
1,570 Posts
It's not that twisty roads are dangerous, it's that busy, twisty roads are dangreous. These roads were never designed to carry the traffic they do now.
Some people want to go faster than others but as the roads are busy they take stupid risks. I have some lovely twisty A roads near me which on most days are a 40 mph convoy as you can't safely overtake (unless you have a crotch rocket). And I'm sure the A roads in Suffolk are way quieter than those "up north"

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
I live on that particular roads and there is only two things which make it dangerous.

Cocks on motorbikes and cocks on motorbikes going too fast. (police clocked one biker at 113mph, in the 30mph zone near my house.)

No one can play the "the roads in poor condition card" as stretches have been relaid after winter

or

its the other road users fault when the majority of accidents happen at the weekend and in summer, no coincidence that is it!!!

You might also want to note in that article that a few other "dangerous roads" are in the same area. Is that a concidence that cocks ride bikes in that area. I think not!

·
Registered
97 JDM S/tb Manual
1,570 Posts
I live on that particular roads and there is only two things which make it dangerous.

Cocks on motorbikes and cocks on motorbikes going too fast!
Not suprising, they look very unstable :wink:

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
Cat and Fiddle was on 5th Gear earlier on today with Tiff driving and some toss pot decided to pull out of a layby on him. (no i do not sit watching repeats of 5th Gear/Top Gear all day)

(Only for a couple of hours or so).

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
When I become president I shall build a one way public toll road with no speed limits.

Make it 30 miles long 265 corners and have a cafe half way

make sure there are plenty of hills as well

If you crash and burn charge for recovery, nominal charge per lap to pay for medical centre

I shal build one down south one in the midlands one up north oh and one in the west country

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
Make it 30 miles long 265 corners and have a cafe half way. Make sure there are plenty of hills as well.
Sounds like the Yorkshire Dales/Tan Hill run to me. :biggrin::biggrin:

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I become president I shall build a one way public toll road with no speed limits.

Make it 30 miles long 265 corners and have a cafe half way

make sure there are plenty of hills as well

If you crash and burn charge for recovery, nominal charge per lap to pay for medical centre

I shal build one down south one in the midlands one up north oh and one in the west country
You have my vote... could you cut fuel duty in half too please?

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
zero duty on fuel for cars

but I will slap it on aviation fuel

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's my hopes of a Learjet dashed then! ;o)

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
but it does mean you could run a V12 Jag convertable (if you wanted)

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Sorry, international law prevents us taxing avgas......

Simon

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
I dont want problems i want solutions .. presidential decree

·
Registered
MY09 XSn 2.0 Diesel 6MT
967 Posts
When I become president I shall build a one way public toll road with no speed limits. Make it 30 miles long 265 corners and have a cafe half way make sure there are plenty of hills as well. If you crash and burn charge for recovery, nominal charge per lap to pay for medical centre. I shall build one down south (M25 ?), one in the midlands (Bullring ?), oh, and one in the west country (A30 ???)
The one up north (A6305/A686 - Hexham/Alston/Melmerby) has been in use for eons, but lets keep this between ourselves :icon_wink:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts