Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester 5mt
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all!

I'm lookin for a new shifter knob, but can't decide what to get!

So, could you post info and pics of your shifter knob?

Thank you all! :rock:

·
Registered
2014 Forester Manual
37 Posts
I got a Razo RA68A in black with red stitching. The listing on Amazon makes it look purple, but it is black, the second picture is quite accurate:
RAZO RA68A Palm Grip Shift Knob, 400g:Amazon:Automotive
It has a nice heft and I like the shape, it feels quite ergonomic. It comes with all the adapters you would need to mount it and even worked in my 2014 NA 6 MT with the collar mechanism for reverse.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
143 Posts
I've got the round/sphere Killer B in black delrin on our FXT. Picked it up at forum sponsor Oakos. Love it. I prefer spherical shift knobs, and have them on most of our cars. The one on our Mini is carbon fiber, the one on the Miata is aluminum, and the one on the Mustang is some sort of plastic/co-polymer.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring
1,323 Posts
I had a Cobb knob and I really liked it. The only other one I really liked was the Perrin shift knob but I sold my Foz before I could get one.

this one has a little lip that holds the boot up against it. Easy install and a nice weight compared to stock.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
143 Posts
Nice! I like these. ..

How well do these options connect to the boot? Is there a better option for dealing with the boot?
The Killer B knobs have a lip that holds the shift boot just as good as the stock knob does.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts