Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me with this? I'm looking for "thread measurements" to give to a guy for a shift knob, and he was asking what the thread measurements were? Any idea? It's for an 05 FXT manual, just in case!? Thanks in advance!

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,250 Posts
Try PM’n yelnats_J. He is our resident shifter nob maker. I’ll bet he can rattle off that number for you without even thinking about it.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks SuperRu!

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,250 Posts
yelnats_J said:
I sure can.............our manual tranny knobs are M12 X 1.25 and the auto tranny knobs are M10 X 1.25. Glad to be of help. Now can I get some reputation points hehehe.
Done, since you asked so nicely.:lol:

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Auto
1,928 Posts
is the 1.25 thread common on most bolts/nuts on the subaru?

·
Registered
2009 Forester
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks...you guys are awesome!!! Yelnats...you got your rep points from me!

·
Registered
2009 Forester
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Need a little more info...

Yelnats/Guys, a few more measurement questions: What's the measurement of the length of the threaded section of the shifter? Also, what's the diameter of the shifter-knobs lip that holds the shift boot on? The guy I'm working with asked for "a rough sketch of the lever, or a digital picture of it? It's always good for me to have an idea of what's going on with the lever below the threaded section, and what the arrangement is with the shift boot." Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks to all of you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts