Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
No, I haven't replaced the radiator yet. We picked up new vanity plates for the car though lol. I'll have to grab a picture of it after it gets cleaned up soon.

·
Registered
2013 Manual
38 Posts
Hey man I'm love the car hope to get an XT someday and love the black. I have a parts car right now I can cut quarter panels from for your car' rust panel replacement issues

·
Registered
2004 Forester
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That is very kind of you! I will keep that in mind. You should buy my XT if I decide to sell it :). After spending time with car, I always prefer to sell it to someone who will value and take care of it properly.

·
Registered
2004 Forester
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
On my way home late last week, the car developed a misfire :(. Haven’t had time to look into it yet really and there isn’t a code thrown for it yet.

·
Registered
2004 Forester
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Surprised it never threw a code. I first tried to replace the fuel filter as it was pretty easy to get to and that didn't do the trick. Went to pull the plugs and found they all had a 0.040 gap so it's pretty safe to say I found the cause lol. Plugs and coil boot ordered. Whole process took me about 2 hours but I thought it would take me about 2 days from all the things I read online about the spark plugs on a Subaru haha.

·
Registered
2004 Forester
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I do not my friend. I too am curious as I have it across both of my foresters. My mechanic friend said to not worry about it.

I need to make a thread for the other one soon.

·
Registered
2004 Forester
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well the plugs weren't the cause of the misfire. I'm reluctant to just buy 4 coil packs to guess and check if it fixes the issue. I'm more willing to buy 1 and swap it on one cylinder at a time to see if it helps. It's just strange that no codes are being thrown for it so it's definitely not helping me at all.

·
Registered
2004 Forester
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Ran the car for a while after work then checked for codes. It finally threw P0102 and P0113 which I will research later.

Edit: Nevermind. Got too excited about the codes 🤦🏻‍♂️ Forgot to tighten the clamp after the maf 😅

·
Registered
13 Posts
what became of the 0457 code??
also pb blaster doesnt work, nearly as well as well as 50/50 atf & acetone mixed in a spray bottle... should you want to remove any rusted or weathered fasteners. If you must have something in a spray bottle... kroil is 2nd best.

·
Registered
2004 Forester
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks. I’ll keep that spray mixture in mind. Uh, the farthest I got on the 0457 code is that it wasn’t the gas cap.

·
Registered
2004 Forester
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Fixed it! Was a tedious process but the coil pack on cylinder #1 was the cause of the misfire. No more issues whatsoever in or out of boost. Still surprised it didn't throw a code.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts