Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have the same brakes as the 02-05 WRX (though, there are differences in 02-03 brackets I believe).

Which other models share the same brakes? Outback XT? Baja XT? Legacy 2.5i?

Or are all those folks using 290mm stuff? I know this info is around here somewhere.. but if someone knows all the info, can we compile it into here for quick ref?

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a brake sticky? If not, lets build one.

Brakes that are a direct bolt up

Brakes that will work but require modifications

ETC.
Yah sounds like a plan. I don't know enough about the options other than aftermarket upgrades though. Something like sea-scooby's wheel thread.. picture, what size wheels it clears/oem wheels it doesn't clear, MSRP?, plug-and-play platforms, required accessories/modifications.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,330 Posts
Yah sounds like a plan. I don't know enough about the options other than aftermarket upgrades though. Something like sea-scooby's wheel thread.. picture, what size wheels it clears/oem wheels it doesn't clear, MSRP?, plug-and-play platforms, required accessories/modifications.

Exactly.

Something like this?

2005 Legacy GT front and rear brake calipers and rotors.

Direct bolt on. YES
Required removing rear dust shield.
Requires 17" wheels
Prices $200-500 used.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep! I guess I better start rummaging through this sub forum.

·
Registered
2004 XT
827 Posts
i think theres some info like that on a few forums. is it plagerism if we just copy paste? lol - we just cite from where its from. I know ive forsure read something like this on LGT.com and nasioc as well

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah it's all over.. just want to bunch it all together. you can paste it here and cite the source and we can always credit if need be. but we're not really using it for credit, so i don't think it matters that much.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
or like when I upgrade the brakes on my SG9 XT can I put those stock brakes on my SF5? I hope so.
Front and rears bolt right up, but only the fronts are an upgrade. The rears use the same 266x10mm rotor (S models). The fronts went from 277x24 to 294x24. That's a big reason why the SF models can fit 15" wheels and the SGs cant.

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Sports 4EAT
541 Posts
Front and rears bolt right up, but only the fronts are an upgrade. The rears use the same 266x10mm rotor (S models). The fronts went from 277x24 to 294x24. That's a big reason why the SF models can fit 15" wheels and the SGs cant.
Good to know, I am taking front calipers and rotors off the XT and they are in much better shape than the ones on the '00 S. The rear pads and rotors I'll switch too!:woohoo: I have 16" W and 17" Summer on the S so that should be no problem.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
02-07 WRX, ALL Baja, 03-10 Forester all use 294x24 front rotors so you can use any of them for any forester. I believe the GC JDM WRX also used 290x24 fronts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts