Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
641 - 659 of 659 Posts

·
Registered
2009 2.5xt 6 Speed Swap version 8 6 speed sti trans with r180
4,150 Posts
Glad you're enjoying it. Keep having fun and taking sweet pictures.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2013 Forester XT 4EAT
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #644 ·
Car has been raised up and corner balanced.
She drives like a dream. Once I clean her Ill get some pictures for you guys of the new ride height :)
Oh and figured out one of the rattles. Was my ballast being pushed against the frame by my engine. Fixed that lol
Still need to figure out why my rear c pillar rattles
And something in my dash...

·
Premium Member
2013 Forester XT 4EAT
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #645 ·
Finally got around to cleaning my car (then it rained) and taking pictures of the new setup.
Ill be getting some rear LCAs to get a bit more camber in the rear to stop some of the rubbing. Other than that I love how she sits <3

Anyways on to pictures :D

SHA_0007 by Steven Hansen, on Flickr

SHA_0015 by Steven Hansen, on Flickr

SHA_0031 by Steven Hansen, on Flickr

·
Registered
2008 2.5i
24 Posts
Hey, I see you removed the BC Coils and went with Tein. Reasoning? I had BC coils on my MY08 Impreza for 30k, they were decent but I'm sure won't hold up to our Northeast Winters over multiple winters. Would love to hear insight as coilovers are on the table for when I purchase a Forester. Thank you!

and I might of missed it but what are you wheel specs and offset numbers with being lowered on the coilovers? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2013 Forester XT 4EAT
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #648 ·
Hey, I see you removed the BC Coils and went with Tein. Reasoning? I had BC coils on my MY08 Impreza for 30k, they were decent but I'm sure won't hold up to our Northeast Winters over multiple winters. Would love to hear insight as coilovers are on the table for when I purchase a Forester. Thank you!

and I might of missed it but what are you wheel specs and offset numbers with being lowered on the coilovers? Thanks!
Well for the reasoning, I received an almost brand new set of Teins for a much better price from a buddy who parted ways with his WRX, and my BCs had around 65k miles on them. Im sure with a rebuild they would be good to go. My BCs had multiple trips up to Minnesota and Wisconsin and held up just fine.
As far as ride with the 2 of these, its hard to compare due to the fact that these have 5k on them and my BCs had 65k so to me it was night and day, these ride much better but my BCs were great, I loved them and would point anyone in that direction on how well they served me. You cant go wrong with either.
My wheels specs are 18x9.5 +34 and im running a 265/35 18 tire all around.
Hope this helps :)

·
Premium Member
2011 XT Touring 4EAT
12,185 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Forester XT 4EAT
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #652 ·
did you use any aftermarket (or i guess i should say, any that wasnt still stuck on the headlight housings) headlight sealer? like for putting them back together? i gotta redo mine soon...and need more sealant.

ive seen this pop up a time or two while googling right now...
https://www.amazon.com/RetroRubber-...-1&keywords=OEM+Grade+Butyl+Headlight+Sealant
I use this every time I pull apart lights and put them back together

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/accessories/build-materials/oci-butyl-glue.html

·
Premium Member
2011 XT Touring 4EAT
12,185 Posts
k thanks man. seems like essentially the same thing....as what i linked...and you know how patient i am, hahah.

hopefully ill be good to go now.

just run it around the entire edge of the housing? remove as much oem stuff as possible?...or just slap this on in addition to? im thinking in addition to, but figured id ask.

·
Premium Member
2013 Forester XT 4EAT
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #654 ·
k thanks man. seems like essentially the same thing....as what i linked...and you know how patient i am, hahah.

hopefully ill be good to go now.

just run it around the entire edge of the housing? remove as much oem stuff as possible?...or just slap this on in addition to? im thinking in addition to, but figured id ask.
Thats up to you.
I just add to it and squish it real good and never had any issues. Just dont put too much or it wont stay.

·
Registered
2013 2.5x Touring auto
67 Posts
What kind of drop did you get from your BC BR series coils ? How rough of a ride?
Their site pictures pretty much only show a stock car so it's hard to get an idea.

I'm currently on stock struts with Swift 4F908 springs looking to go lower as my stock struts are starting to take a pounding (85K KM on the whole car)

also on 18x8.5 et 45 Enkei T6S wheels... forsee any issues going to that sort of coilover with these wheels ?

Love your car btw.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well for the reasoning, I received an almost brand new set of Teins for a much better price from a buddy who parted ways with his WRX, and my BCs had around 65k miles on them. Im sure with a rebuild they would be good to go. My BCs had multiple trips up to Minnesota and Wisconsin and held up just fine.
As far as ride with the 2 of these, its hard to compare due to the fact that these have 5k on them and my BCs had 65k so to me it was night and day, these ride much better but my BCs were great, I loved them and would point anyone in that direction on how well they served me. You cant go wrong with either.
My wheels specs are 18x9.5 +34 and im running a 265/35 18 tire all around.
Hope this helps :)
Did you have to roll or pull the fenders, or is it still stock with this set up?

641 - 659 of 659 Posts