Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The license plate means that the owner has climbed all 48 New Hampshire mountains over 4000 feet. You would expect that he would be able to stay on the trail.

·
admin
2019 Outback 3.6R ..... 98 Forester S - Atl, GA
6,713 Posts
There are douche bags in every community. You found one in ours.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT 5-Speed Manual
924 Posts
Given the scarcity of parking hereabouts, doing this would almost certainly precipitate some kind of purposeful vehicular harm (not that I condone that sort of thing [not sarcasm]).

I prefer to parallel park when I must park in public: the ubiquity of rear cameras has all-but-eliminated “parking-by-braille” and its much harder to get door dinged that way. When I must park in a car-park, I do my best to park next to a column, empty spaces on an inconvenient level, and/or an impeccably-maintained + neatly-parked car that is not brand new (indicates owner is not a slob/is precise). I avoid parking next to cars with long doors or many defects at all costs.

My cars permanent home is in a car-park with assigned spots: so if I get dinged, I know who did it.

Even in an empty lot: I’d be embarrased to park like this person.

I learned to ski/snowboard on a tiny NH “mountain” with ~600ft of vertical drop. That figure migt be generous, and as I understand it: the top 100 feet were landfill. Lolz.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 5-speed manual
169 Posts
@The Tinman Rides Again,

As a third generation San Franciscan, I can attest to the fact that parking in the City has been problematic since the late 1970s and early 1980s when I lived at various places in the Haight. The last being next to the library. My father was raised in Glen Park. Though long overrun by the gentrification of "New Money", I have been known to park out in front of my grandparent's former home in the once middle class neighborhood of Glen Park and take BART to the Inner Mission to have dinner with friends because parking was not to be found within 5-6 block radius of 18th street and Guerrero Street.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT 5-Speed Manual
924 Posts
@The Tinman Rides Again,

As a third generation San Franciscan, I can attest to the fact that parking in the City has been problematic since the late 1970s and early 1980s when I lived at various places in the Haight. The last being next to the library. My father was raised in Glen Park. Though long overrun by the gentrification of "New Money", I have been known to park out in front of my grandparent's former home in the once middle class neighborhood of Glen Park and take BART to the Inner Mission to have dinner with friends because parking was not to be found within 5-6 block radius of 18th street and Guerrero Street.
I basically don’t drive in the city, because parking and nobody here knows how to drive (making it stressful and unenjoyable). It seems like they have gutted the drivers portion of the licensing exam in NorCal - which is the only thing that might explain just how incompetent bay-area drivers have become. The mass influx of sleep-deprived UBER/LYFT drivers from Sac/Fresno/LA doesn’t help either. Driving in the bay area is an unmitigated dumpster-fire right now.

I drive to the beach to surf on weekends and to get out of town.

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
1,291 Posts
Of course there could be a perfectly good explanation for this.....

Maybe at a time prior to your photo there where 2 other bad drivers parked either side and this was the only space available.
2 others then leave , thus making this tried and hanged Subaru driver a miscarriage of justice.

·
Registered
2018 Forester
61 Posts
I will walk to the furthest parking spot just to have some room, I also purchased the door side guards that even look good to help.

·
Registered
2007 Forester Sports XT 5spd Manual
352 Posts
Just park far away next to a curb. If I saw this, i’d Put a fake ticket on it. I know some people that would do worse.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XTE 5 speed manual
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockheed View Post
Of course there could be a perfectly good explanation for this.....

Maybe it was a female driver too!
I fixed your reply Lockheed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Soooo, what’s it like sleeping in the garage? :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts