Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2000 S-turbo AT 2.0 lt. AT
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MY00 2.0 S-Turbo AT shakes whenever i accellerate from 120 kmh (2650 rpm)to a higher speed. If i floor it, there's no problem. And of course, no CE light, so no data! :(

Any help will be appriciated :)

Knijn
Holland

·
scarred from battle
730 Posts
does it happen, regardless of what gear you are in? Does the problem happen if you are just crusing at speed?

·
Registered
249 Posts
knijn said:
My MY00 2.0 S-Turbo AT shakes whenever i accellerate from 120 kmh (2650 rpm)to a higher speed. If i floor it, there's no problem. And of course, no CE light, so no data! :(

Knijn
Holland
Is the shaking sensation through the steering wheel or the body?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The shaking definitely is in the cars body, it only occurs when i slowly accellerate from 120 kmh (rpm 2650) to a higher speed. A few seconds there's just the vibration (about 4 secs), then it accellerates normally. It occurs at the same speed when I handlock the AT in 3rd gear, so I'm thinking about wheel, driveshaft or brake balance issues. Since this is my 4th soob, it surprised me with this "behaviour".

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
sounds like a wheel balance problem to me. Of course, I could be wrong, but I know with my vehicle, if you're travelling at just a certain speed range (73-77mph), the wheel will vibrate a little. Once I get above that speed, then things smooth back out again.

·
Premium Member
? ? ?
692 Posts
I agree with the wheel(s) not being balanced. Also, check the air pressure of the tires; sometimes, I've noticed a slight vibration and pull if one side of the car's pressure is lower than the other.

Michael

One more thing, make sure the wheels are free from debris (ie ice and snow).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Absolutely right, this happened to me last week where I was getting some side pull, vibration, and even a slight noise when I crossed 110kmph, all it was from me messing around with a faulty air pump at a gas station that left me with a few less psi in one of the front wheels. I had just replaced all 4 tyres a few days before, so my mind was running wild about all the possible causes, but it seems it was just the air pressure.
Get a balancing and alighnment as well

·
The convert formely known as Lexusfreak
2003 XS
3,969 Posts
I too agree.....have the wheels rebalanced & let us know if there is any difference. :)

T

·
0 Posts
I had the similar problem. Found ice in the wheels :) I keep my car outside and just have to put in the garage some times to melt the ice. ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shakin all over !!! and done with!

All shakes have been solved. The STI-dealer found my air intake/turbo pressure sensor died on me without telling the ECU. Car goes like a -non shakin'- rocket!

Thanx for the support and ideas. If there's a problem I can help any of you with, I surely won't hesitate to post !!!

Keep on soobin'

·
Registered
2005 FXT PP 4EAT
2,772 Posts
Wow! Nobody was even close on diagnosing that one.
Well, enjoy your smooth ride.

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
MAP sensor failing is very unusual ... ( not to be confused with MAF , which is contructed from a chocolate/toilet paper mix .... )

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Non-shakin' rocket

to be honest, I didn't know what happened to me when I took the car home, it tried to pull from under me at every stop I made! the thing drives like crazy and my trust in my STI but non-subaru garage has gone up so far that we bought the lady a vivio ECVT for next to nothing with a guarantee on the powder-clutch that was too good to be true.

So, after our fourth Soob, we now have the fifth one in a row and have become a 2soob family!

Greets
Knijn!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts