Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Sh09+ has anyone smoked their tail lights or done the tint film?

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  mattesonb 
#1 ·
I wanted to paint the inside of my tails but I am apprehensive about cutting them open so I am going to have to either do the smoke paint(which is unlikely) or do the tinted vinyl

Has anyone done this yet? Pictures?

#2 · (Edited)
Probably not a good idea: Google search string.

Here's the relevant Section of the California Vehicle Code (24600, "Taillamps"); note paragraph (e):

(e) Taillamps shall be red in color and shall be plainly visible from all distances within 500 feet to the rear except that taillamps on vehicles manufactured after January 1, 1969, shall be plainly visible from all distances within 1,000 feet to the rear.

Regards,
Jim / crewzer

#9 · (Edited)
Fair enough; just let us know how that position works out with the CHP if/when they pull you over. Years ago, I decided I didn't care about the CA law requiring a license plate on the front of my car... Let's just say that it took the CHP less than a week to let me know that they didn't agree. :icon_sad:

Best of luck!
Jim / crewzer

#12 ·
Fair enough; just let us know how that position works out with the CHP if/when they pull you over. Years ago, I decided I didn't care about the CA law requiring a license plate on the front of my car... Let's just say that it took the CHP less than a week to let me know that they didn't agree. :icon_sad:

Best of luck!
Jim / crewzer
Uh oh, time to show him what's up!

I swung by JE's house today and I finally got a chance to see the vinyl! Looks good. You guys used the same type/brand of vinyl I used on my front end mod last year....I guess JE didn't realize that at first.

the vinyl isnt too bad, if we had super legit 3m stuff with air release im sure it would have come out super nice. but hey we get what we pay for.

overall i think it looks legit

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.