Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Good catch on the date! I swear I proof read it... oh well haha! There is so many amazing fozzys on here, especially SHXT's, and I felt I needed to share my story and hopefully give some people new ideas on a few things!

·
Registered
2007 Lexus GX470
1,940 Posts
I get that also, but usually mine stays below -4 FBKC, I don't get any FKLC and my DAM stays at 1. But once in a while, like when towing, FKLC and DAM can move a little.

In certain situations like cruising on the highway for a long time, really cold temps, or really hot temps I tend to get FBKC more often. I swear it has something to do with the AC compressor kicking on and/or the torque converter locking or unlocking depending on speed, gear and throttle input. I use the paddles almost exclusively to shift to avoid the FBKC as much as possible. In Auto mode it happens easy because the tranny always wants to be in a higher gear and lug the motor.

·
Registered
2010 XT Limited 4EAT
1,450 Posts
Ditto for me guys, I've seen as high as you tlheinz when cruising on the highway under slight grades and often in cruise control. As long as it's low load and everything else is fine (i.e. DAM) I think you're fine.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Would love to hear a clip with that Invidia set up....
I can try and get a clip sometime, all I know is it is ridiculously loud sometimes. I LIKE loud, but this can be a bit much sometimes. My biggest complaint is drone on the highway or interstate. In town driving it's pretty much perfect.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
WRX Bolt-in Suspension Upgrade!

I got the new suspension installed this weekend, and WOW! It looks so much better than before. I have a few things to iron out still though. I knew I would need a spacer or fender rolling or both. I am still not decided on that yet. I occasionally haul a 230lb bike with some gear.

Pics before:

Pics after:

Install pics:

Out with the old, in with the new.

Learned the rear suspension bolts are torqued pretty tight...

Measurements before & after.

Measurements loaded with 270lb gear on dirt bike rack.

Any suggestions on rolling fenders, alignment, saggy butt spacers, and any other pertinent information is greatly appreciated!
Summer –
18”x8.75 XXR 527’s (Chromium Black) – Hankook Ventus V12 EVO K110 245/45R18
Winter –
17”x7 Konig Control (Matte Black) – Blizzak WS80 225/55R17

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Update:

Fender roller should be here friday! We will see how much that helps with not rubbing. Already took a few thin strips of tire out!

Does anyone have advice on the fender rolling on a forester? I can practice on my GF car if needed.. lol

Also planning on getting it aligned after fender rolling. Any suggestions on specs to not have it rub still.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2011 XT Touring 4EAT
12,194 Posts
Does anyone have advice on the fender rolling on a forester? I can practice on my GF car if needed.. lol
thats hilarious! for tips, maybe ask @GTEASER iirc he just did some.
Also planning on getting it aligned after fender rolling. Any suggestions on specs to not have it rub still.
not really. not much wiggle room with neg camber in the rear. front...just max it. and toe closest to zero as possible.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
thats hilarious! for tips, maybe ask @GTEASER iirc he just did some.

not really. not much wiggle room with neg camber in the rear. front...just max it. and toe closest to zero as possible.
When you say max it, do you mean max the factory suggested specs out, or max out the adjustment component to full negative camber? I am assuming they will make the degree of camber the same on each side, for instance if they both maxed out, but one is at -3.5 and the other is at -3?

·
Registered
2009 FXT Limited 4EAT :(
859 Posts
@tlheinz With this much of a drop on that wide of a tire (exact same as me) you will get a fair bit of inside camber wear on your rear tiers. I am currently going down the route of adjustable rear LCA and toe arm. This set me back about $400 plus alignment costs. On a similar note I also highly recommend getting a front roll centre kit to restore the factory geometry. I know, I should stop spending your $, lol.

Just some food for thought before you get an alignment.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts