Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't know why Subaru in their infinite wisdom didn't do this but I saw that it was a item on the SG, I think, so I got the parts and added it. Works great. I can't imagine getting the spare out without it. I got tired of using my head to hold the panel up when I needed to use both hands down there.

Look ma, no hands...

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
I have one too on my 99. Or had that is. I took it off after building my sub and amp down there instead of a spare wheel. It was only in the way then.
But for getting a sparewheel out. it's good to have :biggrin:

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Touring (CDN) CVT
123 Posts

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,039 Posts
Well done. I use a bungee cord. I tied a knot in the middle to make it shorter. I also opened the hook for the top slightly. Makes connection easier.

I like mine because you can use it when you need it. It doesn't get in the way when closing.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking about this just the other day as I was digging around in that area... there was a previous thread on it, actually, with some part numbers, etc:

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f77/cargo-floor-hook-install-pics-28970/

Any supplier interested in quoting me a price for delivery to Nova Scotia, Canada - postal code B3G0B2? ;-)
Thats it.........thats where I got the Part #'s from.

Well done. I use a bungee cord. I tied a knot in the middle to make it shorter. I also opened the hook for the top slightly. Makes connection easier.

I like mine because you can use it when you need it. It doesn't get in the way when closing.
You are always thinking Subieoutlaw. I get the cord not getting in the way but it does have an attachment to hold the hook out of the way and onto the floor panel. I just didn't do it yet as I really wanted to finish my GPS install that day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts