Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
I'm sure as far as coilovers go, they're solid. They are a reputable company. But from my limited research, even a good coilover will not last as long as a quality basic shock/strut, especially on the salty winter roads I deal with. It depends what you're looking for out of your setup. I need simple and durable and am willing to sacrifice the obvious advantages of coilovers to keep it that way. If someone is going to be tracking the car, likes being able to adjust ride height, and other things regularly, the coilover is the way to go. I need to install and be done with it for probably the rest of my time with the car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Do you know what are the KYB numbers for rear shocks? I cannot find them anywhere. None of my local stores have them, only the front.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@Galager I’m a new Forester owner (2010) I want to get something along these lines not too much but just enough. How long did it take to ship from the UK on the site it says will ship anywhere in UK so was this an issue getting them to the states? Also, are there any other options I could go with that would offer medium lowering from somewhere in the states. I don’t know much about drop or anything but my tire size is 225 55 R17. Thank you!

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
I can’t really comment on how to best purchase them as I bought them over 5 years ago. I think they’re sold here now. I’d also look at Swifts, Teins and the lowering SH thread. There’s a ton of info in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
744 Posts
They're on Amazon for about $270.

#PED-804015

Nice things about these is that the rear drop is less than the front so it should help with the natural SH butt sag. I had to put in spacers on with the Swifts I had on my 09 to make it look even, or give a good looking rake.

141 - 147 of 147 Posts