Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10 XT 4EAT
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few weeks ago I had my XT in for warranty work to fix an oil leak and was browsing the showroom and was sitting in the 2011 XT when I noticed that the center trim was the correct piece for standard double din radios.

So I went to my parts guy and he ordered one in. The first one he ordered in was the trim with the "corporate" double din opening. After checking the available trims to order he found another part number to order, but he thought it was the wood grain, but he ordered it in anyways.

And it turns out that it was the correct piece and for only CDN$71! Direct from Subaru and a fraction of the cost of getting it from japanparts.

the part number is: 66065SC130

Before:

After:

By radcomtxx at 2011-02-04

The new trim did seem to be just a slight shade more black then the original piece that came with my XT, but you cannot tell and it looks perfectly oem now with my kenwood.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Nice find, definate improvement in appearance over the previous fitment.

If it's an available part number in the States, members may want to check with our Supporting Vendors like Jackie at Annapolis Subaru. Sadly many US parts prices are still cheaper, even with shipping than in Canada.:icon_frown:

·
Registered
10 XT 4EAT
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice find, definate improvement in appearance over the previous fitment.

If it's an available part number in the States, members may want to check with our Supporting Vendors like Jackie at Annapolis Subaru. Sadly many US parts prices are still cheaper, even with shipping than in Canada.:icon_frown:
The best part to me was the fact that this is currently CDN$40 cheaper than japanparts.com before shipping.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Ya the exchange rate on the yen is still pretty strong, plus sometimes importing is the only way to get items like that, but no more.:biggrin:

·
Registered
15 FORESTER CVT
315 Posts
The part number is valid here in the US and I just ordered from my buddy at my local Subaru dealership.

·
Registered
2011 2.5 X
54 Posts
om nomnomnomnom

that looks delicious. I've been putting off installing my aftermarket double-din, but I may speed up the process.

·
Registered
2018 XT Premium CVT
158 Posts
Hello All

I have a 2010 X Premium...So your telling me that if I wanted to add an Aftermarket Double Din, I would need to get another Trim, like the one your specifying?

I cant just add a double din aftermarket unit?

Thanks

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R Limited High Torque CVT
783 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, what a great find!!!

66065SC130 - $57.95

So really right around that price with shipping depending on location.

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
Hello All

I have a 2010 X Premium...So your telling me that if I wanted to add an Aftermarket Double Din, I would need to get another Trim, like the one your specifying?

Thanks
Correct, on the '09 and apparently the '10s the stock headunit is 8" wide while almost all aftermarket headunits are 7" wide leaving a 1" gap. You can see the comparison here http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/jkoppees-09-pic-heavy-69950/
I have the JDM piece because this new piece wasn't available at the time, FIGURES!

·
Registered
10 XT 4EAT
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello All

Thanks
The trim that comes on your car has an opening that is one inch larger than a standard double din opening. Thats why in my before picture you see a half inch gap on each side. You can keep the standard trim, but you need to fill it up with something. My kenwood came with a cut to fit piece which kinda hid the gap. The other option is to find a dash install kit that will attach to the new deck and also fill in the gap, as some others have done on this forum.

A dash kit would be cheaper then buying the replacement trim, but the proper trim looks much better.

the above picture kinda sucks, so heres a better one showing how much better the fit is:

·
Registered
1996 SVX
473 Posts
Thanks, RadcomTxx! :banana:

Thanks for the heads up, what a great find!!!

66065SC130 - $57.95

So really right around that price with shipping depending on location.
Excellent! Are any other colors available in the US?

Here's my post listing the ones we found available from avoJDM.

Looks like the USDM part number is slightly different (ends in 130 instead of JDM's 030). Could be a different color, though.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I get quite a few different numbers but the catalog does not tell me what colors they are, just a short description as to what they are for. Unfortunately it really doesn't tell you much.

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT Touring
943 Posts
I just ordered this piece for my upcoming install, I would hope that the color is the standard trim, I am not aware of any other dash configuration colors. I hope I don't end up with a random wood grain finish.

Dave

·
Registered
783 Posts
I will check it out before I send it to you to make sure that it is what you will be expecting, no worries with that!

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT Touring
943 Posts
Thank you RadcomTxx. This helps my need to a full complete finished job.

I got the center console in from Jackie at Annapolis(Thank You and delivered a day earlier than expected). The part fits the part to a tee. As for the color, it looks really good but I haven't been outside with the car and the new console piece to see the shading.

Thank You,
Dave

1 - 20 of 45 Posts